Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #11 
resa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
It's a female VT, I see ovaries in the second to last picture. She probably has some Plakat blood in her which is causing her body to look thicker than usual but yup she's a cutie!

And it depends on what age she is, as I said before if she's still young enough those stress stripes are probably for camouflage but yeah that's probably something still bugging her.

What temp is the tank at, what size, how much do you feed her and how often. Also does she have any places to hide in there and how often do you clean out the tank?
she was in a10 gallon....I had several other fish in there with her.each time one died we did partial or whole water changes..bought meds for remaining fish and my other betta died anyway....she is the last one left.........she's now in a gallon glass bowl.... I went to clean out all water or of tank and threw rocks away and it smells soooooooooo bad like rotten fish....so I'm taking back the filter to replace it just in case......not sure what to do with the decor....she's in the bowl with a piece of decor.....I feed her in the morning and at night....either one of the three foods.......dried blood worms, betta pellets, flakes......since yesterday she quit eating......I want to stay all the way over with my tank.....Can you one tell me how......bc I'm buying more bettas from a member of the IBC......and their expensive and I want things to go right....Please help....should I start another thread on how to restart my tank,?
resa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #12 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

You should probably start another thread just so other people can help out and give opinions but I can give you directions on how to clean it out as well.

So does she have a heater? She needs a heater to be happy.

How often did you change your water in the 10 gallon and you used conditioner? What kind of fish was she in with?
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #13 
resa

her fins r always clamped now. the other fish had fin rot and possible ick
Old 06-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #14 
resa

http:/ http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=202497
Old 06-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #15 
resa

http:/ http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=200850
Old 06-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #16 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh I can't see the links, they're broken I think.

She really needs a heater then if there was possible Ich. Ich cannot survive (except for one strain) in high temperatures at 85-86 degree's so I'd suggest getting that 10 gallon back up as soon as you can to at least get her in warmer water, it's most likely the reason she's clamping right now.

To disinfect the 10 gallon, take all gravel and decoration out. Rinse gravel in very hot water and leave out in the sun to dry on a towel or something.

Get some white vinegar and rinse the 10 gallon with it, I use a paper towel to work it in. Then rinse out with extremely hot tap water multiple times until you no longer smell vinegar. Let dry and you're set to set it up again. Do the same with the heater and filter (not filter media) rinse with some vinegar and then hot tap water and let dry. You'll have to get new filter media which should be easy

Set it up with gravel and decor, let it run for at least 48 hours before putting her in to make sure that everything works again.

Do you have a liquid test kit to watch out for ammonia and all? Since you're starting over your tank won't have a cycle running so it will be easy for ammonia to get high and poison her.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #17 
resa

those links are to 2 other threads I have started one is "sick fish" the other is "aggressive"...those threads have a little more info on them
Old 06-15-2013, 10:25 PM   #18 
resa

also I think she has fin rot. her fins aren't as broad as they use to b
Old 06-15-2013, 10:31 PM   #19 
resa

I have test strips... once I clean the tank what water conditioner should I use as well as anything else I should add to the tank... I threw the gravel away....what can I get to ensure the ammonia, alkaline stray down bc its always highhhhhhh even with the conditioner I have used one that's suppose to drop the high ammonia but it didn't... I'm going to take my filter sys back and just get a new one
Old 06-15-2013, 10:33 PM   #20 
resa

the ammonia and alkaline is always sky high and I'm suppose to b buying some top of line bettas and I don't want to lose them this go round....also I have some great value brand spring water I bought at Walmart can I use that to fill up the tank I have 10g of it