Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #1 
FishyLady

Betta Eastlake, Ohio.. Rehoming?

Hi everyone.

I had to take in a betta a few months ago (Affectionately named Sorry Charlie, and then changed to Tune-a-Phish...).

I've been told he dragoned a while ago, and he's molting (looks more like dirt chipping off, almost :( )

I've had him for a few months, as stated, and he's a pretty happy guy. He lives with a few ghost shrimp that I bought purposely as buddies for him, I'm unsure if he's great as a community fish or not yet, I hadn't tested.

However, I will need to be re-homing him soon. I have a home for the ghost shrimps (large community tank) but I don't want to give Tune-a to anyone, especially anyone that will put him into a tiny bowl again.

He's happy in his 10 gallon, and you all being Betta Buddies, I wanted to see if anyone in the area would want a new buddy?

I can post pictures soon (he's red and blue, slightly tattered from his prior life), my phone is dead at the moment.

I refuse to give him to someone that will put him in a tiny/congested tank or someone that won't take good care of him, but we've had a couple changes in the house due to the storms, and the area surrounding his tank is just too cluttered.. I feel bad with him not having a great view.

Thanks for the help! I appreciate it!

-Ps-

I won't 'ship' him, I don't feel that's safe enough, and I'd rather not stress him out.

Last edited by FishyLady; 08-02-2013 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Adding shipping info
FishyLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #2 
txbettaowner

If you shipped I would say I would take him for ya. I like the name Tuna-phish lol
txbettaowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #3 
FishyLady

:) I'm a Phish enthusiast, and everyone here got tired of me saying 'Sorry Charlie' so they came together and named him Tune-a-Phish. Thought it was cute, had to keep it.

I'd be too worried to ship him.. I'm pretty heartbroken to have to re-home him too. I'm a full time remote worker, and I've spent many 16 hour nights, every night, with him by my side over the last few months. Gonna be rough!

Terrible photo to showcase Tune-A, but it's the only one on my laptop at the moment
Old 08-02-2013, 11:59 AM   #4 
txbettaowner

is he in a 10 gallon tank? Nice layout/setup tank he is in.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #5 
FishyLady

Yep, 10 gallon, and his buddies are about 5 or 6 ghost shrimp. Originally it was just him in the 10 gallon, but he looked lonely so I added the shrimp.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #6 
txbettaowner

I don't blame ya. I had African Dwarf frogs in with my male

Tags
needs a home, re-homing