Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-14-2013, 12:33 AM   #11 
BettaLover1313

Did you pick out a name for your new boy yet?
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:40 AM   #12 
AlphaOmegaWolf666

Nope no new name yet till i see how they react to each other and if he survives the week (he keeps jumping out of his tank for no reason other than to jump)
AlphaOmegaWolf666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:34 AM   #13 
AlphaOmegaWolf666

More news from the AlphaOmega household since the my new boy is jumping out of his isolation tank I decided to see how they will react to each other with out the cup or any barrier to stop them. It is a SUPERVISED coming together that I am happy to say is going very well. I have found out that Sushi is a lover not a fighter in personality as strange as it sounds. I say this because they will swim and co-exist in the three gallon tank like they have done so all of their life! The only "territory" dispute is if my new boy goes into Sushi's floating log then Sushi will go to the back of the log and flare up and then the other will get out. Since that is the ONLY problem I have to say that this is a good sign, Sushi will let him go into the pyramid and around the black and white queens I have set up in the tank. The only problem that I can see in the future is feeding I learned this the hard way when my new boy was in his cup and they were getting used to each other, the thing is if my new boy gets feed first Sushi will throw a fit, when it happend Sushi started to move the cup away from my hand and then demand at me to be fed, but if Sushi gets fed first everything is right with the world. So two fish one tank when it is feeding time will be .............. interesting to say the least.
Oh and one more thing before I try and get some more sleep before work today I have decided to name my new boy "Happy" from Sons of Anarchy because of these three quotes that I feel match what everyone says about how they will fight and this and that.
Quote 1:
Happy: (menacingly holding his hammer): "I'm waiting."

Quote 2:
Happy: He's right. It had to be Laroy. He's gotta die. Like a lot

Quote 3: (my favorite of the three)
(Bobby fires a gun to calm down the Sons and a second gang who are fighting.)
Bobby: ENOUGH! HEY! Is this they way we get the town to embrace our legitimate business?
Happy: Dude you just fired a gun.
Bobby: Will you shut up?
Old 07-14-2013, 09:57 AM   #14 
AlphaOmegaWolf666

It has been nearly three hours since I left the room to take care of a few things and I left with two fish I came back with two fish. So tonight when I have to go to work from 2p-10:30p and I will be the person who gives the insane serial killer the butcher knife and turn my back. My only concern is ....... how can you tell a male Gourami from a female?
Old 07-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #15 
BettaLover1313

I'm glad that so far so good. Sushi probably considers the log his territory which is why he flared at Happy when he/she went in. I'm sure if you ask in one of the other forums you'd know if Happy was a male or female.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #16 
AlphaOmegaWolf666

Happy could not care about the log in the least as Sushi has spent the past hours making a bubble nest and Happy is helping (head in hands) why do I get a bad feeling from that oh why. And Males have more color than girls .............. I will stick with he is a he.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #17 
BettaLover1313

He helped make the bubble nest? O.O That's REALLY odd. Usually that's when a betta male would get more aggressive since that's something they protect/consider territory.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #18 
AlphaOmegaWolf666

Happy will make bubbles near the main nest and then Sushi will take them over and place them where he wants. Again Sushi is a big softy. I will post a pic soon of it.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #19 
BettaLover1313

*mind blown* Hopefully they continue to leave peacefully together, it sounds like they're off off to a good start though.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #20 
AlphaOmegaWolf666

lol there was ONE flair up because I accidentally destroyed a small part of the nest and instead of flaring up and me Sushi flared up at Happy who just swam there and humored him. *Sigh* I am so glad that I do not have to use my spare tank now.

Yea see that hole in the middle of the main bubble nest? Yea I accidentally did that.
Attached Images