Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #11 
Saphira101

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganC2010 View Post
I do want to point out that I hate the 'feeder fish' tanks. When they are full we will have fish die several at a time. Its part they arnt hardy fish and part our system is so new it hasnt cycled properly yet. When people see those dead fish in such numbers they tell me such things as "Well that just screams dont buy fish here" Well for their information our feeder tanks are a whole different system from out other fish, their water never even touches. But people either dont want to hear me explaining to them why we have dead fish or that the feeder's water isnt connected with the rest of the fish. Ugg. I just really hate it when people see dead fish in my tanks at work and assume that I am someone who doesnt care about fish. It makes me want to just go home and hug Tiberius. But I dont think he'd like that. not just because he is a fish but he has a serious bad boy persona and Id be embarrassing him.
I agree with you about the feeder fish tanks. I think though, that in order to buy fish in such great numbers and for so cheap, you probably wouldn't be able to get your hands on very quality fish anyway. Also, the type of goldfish that most people use as feeders are comets. Comets need 50+ gallons per fish, so I don't really see how you couldn't overstock a feeder tank if you wanted to supply the demands of buyers.
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #12 
MorganC2010

it made total sense Saphira! Thank you! and yes even at my store some of my coworkers myself included dont know everything about every fish. So I can see how an enthusist about a ceritan type of fish will view my lack of knowledge on their favorite fish disconsering. It is a bit hard to remember every fact about every pet we carry or carry supplies for.
MorganC2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #13 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

At a petstore here, one time I saw two employees kissing and three others standing around, even though there were customers in the store and fish that needed to be cared for. In this case, it was obvious that they just didnt care.

But then again, the manager of my favorite pet store is pretty much a genius and truely cares, he is also the president of our cities aquarium club. He even helped me successfully treat a unidentifiable parasite, which he had no obligation whatsoever to do.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:05 PM   #14 
Saphira101

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
At a petstore here, one time I saw two employees kissing and three others standing around, even though there were customers in the store and fish that needed to be cared for. In this case, it was obvious that they just didnt care.
Ugh.

I honestly cant think of anything else to add to that. :/
Old 06-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #15 
MorganC2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphira101 View Post
Ugh.

I honestly cant think of anything else to add to that. :/
hahah Agreed!
Old 06-16-2013, 01:49 AM   #16 
jadaBlu

Sounds like a very busy day! Keep us posted on the sick betta you took home. What kind of problems does he seem to have?
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:40 AM   #17 
Saphira101

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadaBlu View Post
Sounds like a very busy day! Keep us posted on the sick betta you took home. What kind of problems does he seem to have?
Yes, please keep us posted!
Old 06-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #18 
MorganC2010

Yes I will! Here are some pictures. Please excuse the quality, I was trying to take them with my ipad in one and and the flash light in another.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:47 AM   #19 
MorganC2010

He is bloated right now, the employee before me fed him a bit too much. I keep telling people they are feeding them too much and they are trying to get it right. Also his fins are missing. He is a crown tail so he is supposed to have the points but to me it looks like he has been nibbling them. But with his dorsal fins shredded too it may be fin rot. Currently what I'm doing for him is watching him in my 1 gal sick tank that has a little bit of Epsom salt in it. He was also waiting at the top for me this morn as it is past time that he usually gets fed, his bloat was down quite a bit from yesterday so I gave him a 'bite' of freeze dried blood worm. But he still seems pretty nervous from the change. I know he recognizes me tho. For the past 2 weeks I was always picking up his cup, changing his water and checking on him, so he swam up to see me but I can tell he is frightened at the moment. :/
Old 06-16-2013, 10:52 AM   #20 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

This thread is very interesting, subscribed.
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pet store, worker