Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #11 
carlos puron

Well I guess I'm not gonna try it I wouldn't like to bring a shrimp to get killed by stress or eaten by the betta but I'm still curious about how to recognize if my betta would be agressive
carlos puron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #12 
BettaFran

Well you could see how often he flares. How big he flares. What he flares at. All bettas are going to be territorial to some degree of course; that's just their nature. But that same nature is what gives them personality, IMO.
BettaFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #13 
carlos puron

Well I have seen mine flaring at his reflection behind the heater and I have seen him flaring and moving around the bottom of the tank while flaring I've never seen a betta flaring at no reflection should I be concerned
Old 06-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #14 
RussellTheShihTzu

Ammonia that is .25 won't kill most fish; it will kill shrimp. So you need to keep your parameters stable with 0 ammonia. They also do not like huge water changes.

You won't really know if your Betta can live with Ghost shrimp until you try it. I have one Betta that lives with inverts just fine; his brother doesn't. Like everyone has said, it depends on the personality.
RussellTheShihTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #15 
BettaFran

I don't think you necessarily need to be concerned about him flaring, unless he's doing it all the time. What sort of plants and decor do you have for him? If you have a fair amount I there that should keep him interested and not so focused on flaring 24/7.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #16 
carlos puron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaFran View Post
I don't think you necessarily need to be concerned about him flaring, unless he's doing it all the time. What sort of plants and decor do you have for him? If you have a fair amount I there that should keep him interested and not so focused on flaring 24/7.
I have some anubias and usually hides under a fake plant he has in the middle of the tank and he doesn't do it all the time
Old 06-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #17 
BettaFran

Sounds like he's fine then. Flaring is usually a sign of happy healthy fish. Have fun!
Old 06-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #18 
lissienen

Oh now that is a very, very pretty little tank :) Love the way that you've got it set up :)
lissienen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #19 
carlos puron

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissienen View Post
Oh now that is a very, very pretty little tank :) Love the way that you've got it set up :)
Thanks I've been trying my best I still missing something but I'm working in it I just added more light yesterday i'll post some pics at my lunch time