Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #41 
Canis

Thanks!!!

The plants actually don't look that great when you see the whole tank XD They're pretty random and some of them aren't even in the gravel all the way, lol. I can't get a pic of the whole thing because the lights in the tank cause a huge glare on my camera, sorry!
Canis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #42 
Vickytoria3112

If I remember correctly from middle school (I'm in my 30s now...lol), I think snails are hermaphrodites. Meaning they have both male and female reproductive organs. So choose a name that fits both genders.
Vickytoria3112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #43 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickytoria3112 View Post
If I remember correctly from middle school (I'm in my 30s now...lol), I think snails are hermaphrodites. Meaning they have both male and female reproductive organs. So choose a name that fits both genders.
Only some snails are. Ramshorns need a pair, but they could both be female and then one would change to be a male. I think Mysteries/Apples are hermaphrodites and Nerites also need a male and female but cannot reproduce in freshwater
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:12 PM   #44 
Canis

The girls are doing awesome!!! Sorry that I can't get pics, I have a bit of an algae problem and I can't scrub it off faster than it comes back while waiting for the water to clear from scrubbing it the first time. I'm really limiting the light now, so hopefully it'll slow down to the point where Snaily (great name, huh? XD) can finish his cleanup. He is doing a pretty good job so far for his tiny size!
Old 06-30-2013, 10:34 PM   #45 
24carat

I love this log. Your girlies are precious and watching you build up your sorority has been inspiration for mine. Good luck!
24carat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:40 PM   #46 
Rosencrantz32

I was wondering why there hasn't been an update on your sorority. I hope you can get the algae cleaned up soon! I wanna see how your girls are doing :)
Rosencrantz32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:47 PM   #47 
jadaBlu

My cats look at me like I've lost my mind when I talk to my fish! They can't figure out who I am talking to. Obviously it should be them. Looks like you found some lovely girls!
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:27 PM   #48 
Canis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24carat View Post
I love this log. Your girlies are precious and watching you build up your sorority has been inspiration for mine. Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosencrantz32 View Post
I was wondering why there hasn't been an update on your sorority. I hope you can get the algae cleaned up soon! I wanna see how your girls are doing :)
Lol, yeah. Arka is marbling quite a bit around her head, so I can't wait to get some pics up for comparison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadaBlu View Post
My cats look at me like I've lost my mind when I talk to my fish! They can't figure out who I am talking to. Obviously it should be them. Looks like you found some lovely girls!
LOL, mine sits there and cries and cries when I am near the fish Probably wondering why I'm talking to what she thinks is a snack, lol. Thank you so much!
Old 07-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #49 
Canis

Got a video today, all of the girls were at the front waiting for their morning feeding, lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4Btg...ature=youtu.be
Old 07-02-2013, 09:36 AM   #50 
Viva

I love your DTs! I want a CT or DT for my sorority eventually :D Your tank looks great...I love the plants!
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote