Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-16-2013, 10:45 PM   #1 
bettacrazygirl86

SIP Autumn

My younger sister's betta, Autumn, finally gave up today. We knew he was going to go, but I was hoping that more frequent water changes (small amounts constantly, in an attempt to not stress him out too much) would make him a bit better. It was just going more and more downhill and no amount of tetracycline or AQ salt seemed to be helping him.

She's upset, even though she doesn't have much of a right to be. It was her fault in the first place, but I can't exactly tell her that. She's upset enough as it is. I'm hoping my parents won't let her do this to another fish, though she does know how to properly care for one now. She wants to get the next one a bigger tank and a heater, which is a huge improvement from his old one gallon, unheated bowl. He was staying in a heated three gallon KK until he passed today.

He was resting on the bottom, breathing heavily until he just gave up and passed. SIP, Autumn. I tried my best.
bettacrazygirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #2 
jona31

sorry to hear about your loss However I wouldnt be so rude to your sister for some people it's really hard losing a pet you need to be there for her not judging her, It may sound like I dont know what I'm talkin about but I do I have 3 younger brothers I'm the oldest of 4 boys jeese my poor parents anyways I honestly think you should try and help your sister a little more though and try and llightly explain to her what happened and why it happened GOOD LUCK
jona31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #3 
Saphira101

I'm sorry. You did your best to treat him. :(

Swim in Peace, Autumn.
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:37 AM   #4 
bettacrazygirl86

He was a trooper, but I knew he was done fighting it. He just didn't seem to want to try anymore.

I had a long talk with her and she's going to wait until she saves up enough money to get a filtered and heated 5 gallon, along with salts and other medications before she gets another betta. She wants one that looked like he did, because he was orange, but it's hard to find those, especially at our LFS. :( But she has seemed to have learned a lot, and she does want to do better this time, despite how many times I've told her I don't agree with her getting another betta. She said that she's going to use her own money and if she neglects this next one, it's her money she's wasting and not mine or our parents'. So I guess I can't really keep her from getting another one, but she does at least know what she did wrong with Autumn.
bettacrazygirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote