Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-17-2013, 05:40 AM   #1 
Flapmon

Really? Desperate.

Cinderella, yes she's a he but I refer to him as a her since .. Well, I'm so used to it. They've been divided for a while now all in heated, filtered tanks and I only ever have trouble with two of them this guy, Cinderella and Elliott who hasn't gotten to the extreme yet and you can't really blame him since Duke is being cheeky.

Lastnight? He got into the otherside and it was quickly corrected and fixed with the tiniest gap there .. and so now ..? He's just swimming back and forth along the divider then at the front part he sticks his finnage through to taunt Prince. I put the mirror up to distract him and now he's on the mission to bubble nest, I don't want to leave the mirror up but I also don't want to wake up to dead betta's.

Flapmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:43 AM   #2 
Flapmon

Old 06-17-2013, 07:03 AM   #3 
Laki

You can remove him for a few days so he forgets about the divider, but it won't be long before he finds it again.

Or take both out, secure the divider with plants or a larger strip/aquarium glue and then switch their normal sides so the divider is backwards to them. :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:29 AM   #4 
Flapmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
You can remove him for a few days so he forgets about the divider, but it won't be long before he finds it again.

Or take both out, secure the divider with plants or a larger strip/aquarium glue and then switch their normal sides so the divider is backwards to them. :)
Don't have anywhere to put him which is sad. We removed water so it's not high enough for him to get over as well as cutting a plastic cutting board to sit ontop so he can't jump, he's back to swimming back and forward, but I might just move his hairgrass forward so he can't get to it as much as he does now.

Prince is being such a good boy and ignoring him. Ha.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #5 
jadaBlu

You can put him in a glass jar, or go buy a new plastic food container rinse it a couple of times and soak a couple times with prime or other water conditioner. Fill and put him in it with a few aquarium plants. I've used gallon sized food containers for temporary housing. No problems. There are also critter carriers. It looks like if you make one slit some aquarium tubing and slide it over the side of the barrier it would fill the gap. There are usually different diameters of aquarium safe tubing at hardware stores.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:47 AM   #6 
Flapmon

Le story; I think it's safe to say that I won since she doesn't put her fins through the gap .. Just a uh, back and forth motion.

'

Old 06-17-2013, 08:56 AM   #7 
Laki

lol the last pic where you crammed all the rocks up :P
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:00 AM   #8 
Flapmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
lol the last pic where you crammed all the rocks up :P
Haha, just a temporary adjustment for now. :P
Old 06-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #9 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Lol! I also lol'd at that last pic and just the progression in general XD too funny.

Yeah I use plasticware containers from wal-mart, it's like a dollar something for a pack of three! So that's where the Betta's go if doing a 100% or moving them around or whatever I also keep their old Petco/Petsmart/Walmart cups so that if I ever have to move or they need a treatment or something, I float them in their tank to keep warm while I do the treatment so as not to harm the live plants I have
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #10 
Flapmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
Lol! I also lol'd at that last pic and just the progression in general XD too funny.

Yeah I use plasticware containers from wal-mart, it's like a dollar something for a pack of three! So that's where the Betta's go if doing a 100% or moving them around or whatever I also keep their old Petco/Petsmart/Walmart cups so that if I ever have to move or they need a treatment or something, I float them in their tank to keep warm while I do the treatment so as not to harm the live plants I have

Good idea, but i'd feel bad to keep him in that, so this is the next best thing and if he keeps going? I'll punch him in the face. <<