Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-17-2013, 08:00 PM   #1 
finnfinnfriend

Favorite heater brand?

I was wondering what everyone's favorite heater brand is and why :)
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #2 
xxRho

I don't really have a favourite I just choose which one works for the tank size (because I have tanks on the smaller side at present) so I think it changes depending on how much water you want to heat.

Like I find Marina is reliable enough but I can never find a brand to safely heat tanks that are 4L (which are my smallest *hides face in shame*) that aren't ridiculously expensive for what they are.
I've heard AquaOne is alright as well.

What is your favourite brand? =]
xxRho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #3 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxRho View Post
I don't really have a favourite I just choose which one works for the tank size (because I have tanks on the smaller side at present) so I think it changes depending on how much water you want to heat.

Like I find Marina is reliable enough but I can never find a brand to safely heat tanks that are 4L (which are my smallest *hides face in shame*) that aren't ridiculously expensive for what they are.
I've heard AquaOne is alright as well.

What is your favourite brand? =]
I don't really know because I've yet to use one that has been outstanding lol....That's why I am wondering what other people like :)
Old 06-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #4 
xxRho

Fair enough =]

What are you using at present?
Old 06-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #5 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Fair enough =]

What are you using at present?
Right now I am using the Hydor Theo. It is okay, but I think it could be more accurate. Other than that no complaints though :)
Old 06-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #6 
xxRho

I've found that with almost every heater. But I still find them reliable in the sense that they keep the tank at a steady temperature =]
Old 06-17-2013, 08:58 PM   #7 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
I've found that with almost every heater. But I still find them reliable in the sense that they keep the tank at a steady temperature =]
Do they have Aqueon stuff in AU? I've been hearing that the Aqueon Pro heaters are some of the best...At least in the US lol...
Old 06-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #8 
Seki

I am a huge fan of Fluval heaters. I have one in my 5.5 gallon and it's been remarkably accurate. I very nearly got one for my new 10 gallon, but I had heard such good things about Eheim that I went ahead and got an Eheim Jaeger.

Not a fan of the Hydor Theo simply because it overheated my tank after a year of working properly. If I hadn't been home, my fish would have boiled. I am also not a huge fan of Top Fin heaters simply because they are large and unattractive, but I have two of them in my 2.5 and 3 gallon tanks and they do the job.
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #9 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seki View Post
I am a huge fan of Fluval heaters. I have one in my 5.5 gallon and it's been remarkably accurate. I very nearly got one for my new 10 gallon, but I had heard such good things about Eheim that I went ahead and got an Eheim Jaeger.

Not a fan of the Hydor Theo simply because it overheated my tank after a year of working properly. If I hadn't been home, my fish would have boiled. I am also not a huge fan of Top Fin heaters simply because they are large and unattractive, but I have two of them in my 2.5 and 3 gallon tanks and they do the job.
Are these the fluval heaters you like? http://www.wayfair.com/Hagen-Fluval-...FcN_Qgodrh8AYw

How does that one fit in the 5.5? I remember them being kinda long when I saw them...Can you mount them horizontally?
Old 06-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #10 
TurtleBarb

I'm partial to Marineland Visitherm heaters. I have a 25W in my 3.5 gallon, and it holds a steady temp.
TurtleBarb is offline   Reply With Quote