Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #1 
jadaBlu

Can I mix Epsom Salt with Jungle Fungus Clear-How long to dose fungus clear?

One pet store fish I was isolating for my sorority came down with a fungus which rapidly took out her anal fin (she is a crowntail) and a small portion of her tail. She was lethargic for few days before it was visible. Once I started treatment she returned to her perky self. I think she looks a little bloated so I'd like to add some epsom salt for a 2-3 days but I am not sure if I can mix it with the Jungle Fungus Clear. I also am wondering how long to dose the Fungus Clear the box is a little vague. I think it might be 8 days. My isolation containers are one gallon she is getting a water change daily so I am not treating a big tank. Lest you be concerned, the rest of the fish in isolation get water changes every two days they are well watched an cared for. They have a nice 20 long NPT waiting for them once they pass the isolation period.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #2 
LittleBlueFishlets

Yes, you can mix Epsom salt and Jungle Fungus Clear.

I don't have the box in front of me. What do the directions state?
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:13 AM   #3 
jadaBlu

Dosing is for 10 gallons. I have reduced the tablet to 1 gallon proportions.

Add one tablet to to 10 gallons remove carbon filter during use. Second dose may be added in 4 days after after a 25% water change. That's exactly how it reads.

I have been disolving the reduced tablet in a cup and adding some AQ salt as I've read several times that this makes this particular medicine more effective. Should I withdraw use of the AQ salt while I am adding Epsom salt?
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #4 
LittleBlueFishlets

Ok, that's how I recalled the directions. I just wanted to verify it....

One treatment period lasts 4 days. (If needed, you can do a second treatment period.)

The method I've used is to add the meds. At the end of the 4th day, do a water change of at least 25%. Then, if needed, redose.

No, I would not use Aq salt at the same time. It would put extra stress on the kidneys, and could result in bloating or SBD issues. The furan antibiotics are more effective than Aq salt, so just use that.
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote