Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-25-2009, 09:24 PM   #11 
fishyinpa

Yup! :)
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:34 PM   #12 
Kim

Tankmates all really depends on the betta. I had one in a tank with some cories and he loved them but the setup didn't work out. He'd swim around on the bottom with them like a school though! I wouldn't hesitate to put him in with anything that wouldn't nip his fins, but my new guy....yeah, he'd probably eat them!

Anyway, I'm sure your betta will love his new home!!
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:47 AM   #13 
fishyinpa

Lol thanks Kim! Argh I got a new 50 w heater but something wrong with it. I left it in awhile like ya supposed to,i saw the light come on,but it was not heating! I was keeping an eye on my thermometer on the other side of the tank and it was slowly going down not up. I read online after the fact that the brand i bought can be off by as much as 15 degrees! So forget that one, i put the 25w back for now,its holding at 78,not bad. I think ill return this heater,plus some plants i picked up but didnt realize they were stupid plastic lol. Then go to the lfs (there are two here hehe) and get the same brand i have now,didnt have any problems with it other than being a few degrees off. Now its like way off in my 10 so yeah i wanna get a 50 for it lol. Im afraid the 100 will be too much or itll malfunction somehow and cook my poor fishy. Dont want that! so yeah.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:47 PM   #14 
fishyinpa

Grrrr....whats with these heaters!!! They just are not heating lmao. My tank is like holding at 74*. I returned the one heater cause it wasnt doing crap,so i got another visi therm one (marineland) 50w ,set it at the right temp did nothing. I turned it up a bit as it might be off cause i know the other one i had was off by a bit. Well still not going up. Now i know it takes longer to heat with the more volume or sumtin like that lol,but how long? I turned it up a bit again to see if it does anything. Im beginning to think i shouldve just used the stupid 100w heater i had lol. If this one doesnt do anything either,i might just do that. This is annoying me. I gotta find out how long it takes for a 10 gallon tank to heat up haha. Maybe im just too impatient. I mean i guess hes fine at 74 but id like it warmer cause i know hes happier at a higher temperature. Eh. Lol. oh and i tested with two different thermometers both said some temp,ones near the bottom of the tank other was floating at the top. Ill check my thermomter in a lil while see if its going up any. I might wait like a day to see if its doing anything or not. We getting nasty weather over night so ill have to wait till later in the day if i gotta return this one. Anywho.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:29 PM   #15 
fishyinpa

haha well now im thinking I AM being too impatient lol. So yeah dont mind me and ill check it tomorrow hopefully it goes up. I think it will,but we shall see. At least i hope it will. *sigh*
Old 01-27-2009, 11:37 PM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good luck with the heater. See how it does overnight before you get another one. lol We're having nasty weather here, too. I'm afraid the power might go out overnight. I'm prepared, though! I've got shipping heat packs for my babies, so they don't freeze their little fins off. lol I might freeze but at least the fish won't.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #17 
fishyinpa

Yay! It went up two degrees overnight lol. Guess i was too impatient hehe. Oh okay,yah im not sure whats out there now,but i thinks it some kinda icy/snow mix. I hope ya dont lose power,thats not fun. Glad ya are prepared for ya babies. Hehe yeah better the human to freeze! I remember an ice storm we had around here oh boy 17 years ago now (wow thats along time ago lol) anyways it knocked out our power i dont remember how long it was out. I think it went out like in the middle of the night. Our house was awful at heating to begin with and that wasnt much better. I had two hamsters at the time and one froze to death poor guy. I managed to save my other one,he was very cold but i got him out and warmed him with my own body heat. So yeah thats my story lol. Hope all goes well in your area.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:07 AM   #18 
dramaqueen
Banned

The snow is over with now and we didn't lose our power, thank goodness! We HAVE had power outages around us though.Lots of power lines and trees down. I'm glad your heater is working. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:09 AM   #19 
fishyinpa

Oh okay.Thats good ya didnt lose power. Thanks lol.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:51 PM   #20 
fishyinpa

Well i moved his heater. Its now back near the filter. I was able to move a plug in my strip outlet. I even could push the heater down a bit more than it was before,so its like maybe an inch off the bottom. I turned it up to like 86 so itll warm up a lil bit quicker lol. These heaters are off by like 2-3 degrees anyways. I am keeping any eye on the thermometer though dont worry. i have to do a wc anyways yay! Lol. I read it could take 24-48 hours to heat the tank so I will wait till like friday and hope it does indeed heat up. Else i prolly return this one and get a 75. I would use my 100 i have already,but i looked at the dial and all it says is hi lo. No numbers for an actual temp. I dont like that. So im gonna see if i can get rid of that one somehow. So yeah.