Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #11 
Tikibirds

I think you may be worrying too much but keep a close eye on him for any behavior or physical changes. If he was young when you got him, it is possible for his color to change a bit over time. However if the grey spot looks lie dying flesh or rapidly spreads - then I would start to worry.

Is it grey or black? If its slightly black around the bitten part - its fin rot.

For water changes- what are you doing now and is the tank cycled? if so - keep doing whatever it is you remove weekly. I do 30-50% for my 10G's once a week.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:13 AM   #12 
Wynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
I think you may be worrying too much but keep a close eye on him for any behavior or physical changes. If he was young when you got him, it is possible for his color to change a bit over time. However if the grey spot looks lie dying flesh or rapidly spreads - then I would start to worry.

Is it grey or black? If its slightly black around the bitten part - its fin rot.

For water changes- what are you doing now and is the tank cycled? if so - keep doing whatever it is you remove weekly. I do 30-50% for my 10G's once a week.
Thanks I guess worrying to much is better then not enough :D
I been doing 20-40% every 2-4 days and 100% once weekly.
The discolored part was grey but it seems tio be darkening. He doesn't seem to be making it worse. He is still swiming a bit differently but not in a way that makes me think he is having trouble swiming.
The tank may be cycled, but I am not sure. I think I have had it about 3 weeks ish. So if he is developing fin rot or has it, should I do more water changes?
I have 1 gallon jugs already conditioned for the tank. Should I add salt stress coat to that?
I know I have to be careful with salt do I only add some if I do a 100% change or do I count how much I take out and put an equal ammount back in?
Thanks for the help :D.
Wynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta sick finrot bitting