Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-30-2009, 06:03 PM   #21 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yeah, I bet they DO feed weaker ones to other fish. Thats TERRIBLE!! They were just trying to sell you the bigger catfish. Anything for a buck.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:27 PM   #22 
fishyinpa

Yah, im still sad for that lil fish. But i know i cant save them all. I have a feeling he just threw it back into that tank after i left anyways. Poor fishy. I found whats supposed be a really great fish store over in NJ not far at all. So im gonna check them out on sunday. Im still on the hunt lol.
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 10:02 PM   #23 
dramaqueen
Banned

I wish you could have saved that poor fish too but like you said, we can't save them all. :(
Old 01-30-2009, 10:29 PM   #24 
fishyinpa

Yeah if i had it to do over again I wouldve said give me him lol. Im kinda afraid to go back and find him like half eaten or something. Thats just not something i wanna see ya know. Then id feel even worse. If im feeling brave lol ill go back there and see if hes there or not. I really dont know whats all wrong with him,he didnt look good other than the no fins thing. So i dunno if i could get it back to health or not. Eh. I just know if i do manage to save him,im gonna end up seeing more and more bettas who need saving lol! And i really dont have room for a bunch of bettas nor outlets for more heaters/filters all that stuff. Heh.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:47 PM   #25 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yeah, I would feel te same way. I guess its better to not know what happened to him.I hear of so many people trying to save sick fish. Its nice that there are people who want to do this but IMO it usually ends in heartbreak. I was lucky with the one I saved from a cousin's granddaughter. The fish was in FILTHY dirty water...never got his water changed, his bowl was knocked over by the cat and he was exposed to temperature fluctuations. He barely ate the first few days I had him. He's not the prettiest fish in the world but has a sweet personality. And, aside from swimbladder issuesfrom when he got knocked over, he's doing great. :)
Old 01-30-2009, 10:53 PM   #26 
fishyinpa

Aww thats great! Yup,it usually does end that way. Ive had that with furry critters as well. I saved a chinese hamster that had wierd lumps on his paws that nobody could figure out. One vet said maybe he broke his paws...but i took him to another vet and it was abcesses. They did surgery on him but there was alot of damage from him not getting care like way long ago. He only lived 3 months. I had him the shortest time ive ever had a furry critter and he touched my heart like no other. I know not a fish lol but goes along those lines.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:00 PM   #27 
dramaqueen
Banned

Even though you didn't have that hamster for very long, you gave him great care, a lot of love and a good home the last couple months of his life. I believe that animals know when they are loved, even our fisy friends. :)
Old 01-30-2009, 11:05 PM   #28 
fishyinpa

Yup!
Old 02-05-2009, 09:58 PM   #29 
yamahog3187

I keep 1 male betta and 2 females in my community tank. There are also guppies, tetras, swords, hatchet fish, cats, ETC. Almost any NON - AGGRESSIVE fish can be kept with them as long as they arn't nippy! (Tiger Barbs are nippy!) Watch the females as they can be touchy when more then one are kept in the same tank. If they get aggressive with each other, seperate them. I have found that the females don't do too bad when they were raised with other females, but if they are used to being seperated, THEY WILL FIGHT!! I have three females that have to be kept seperated or they will try to kill each other!! The rest of them think they are one big happy family!!!
yamahog3187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:40 PM   #30 
veganchick

so you ended up getting the cories!!! pandas are awesome! where did u find them?
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote