Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #1 
Cassafrass1999

Smile Hello Everyone!

Hi everyone! My name is Cassidy, just turned 14 June 16th, and I have just become a betta owner! (although we used to have a betta a long time ago, but once he passed away, we decided not to keep bettas anymore and to take care of a large 29 gallon tank instead). ;) We just got Dragon (my betta), yesterday, after getting a half gallon tank (this one, although it is a different theme ---> http://www.amazon.com/Marina-Theme-B...rina+betta+kit I also have this plant in it ---> )http://www.amazon.com/Marina-Betta-P...na+betta+plant for my birthday! He is a gorgeous red/purple/blue(?) color, and from doing some research online he is a Crowntail betta! ;) We got him at our nearest Pet Supplies Plus, which had MANY bettas to choose from, but he seemed the most active and was darting all around the small container we got him in, so I chose him. :) He seems like he is nervous of his new home, but is gradually becoming more and more used to it, and me. ;) I fed him some food once we got home yesterday, and he didn't touch it, but today I gave him some more and he actually ate some of it, which is good. :)

I am a member of many forums, and on each one I have the same name, so if you ever spot the name Casssafrass1999 on any of them, it is bound to be me. ;) The list of forums I go on our based on:

Warrior Cats
Hermit Crabs, which I also love very much
Pokémon (two based on it actually)
Guardians of Ga'hoole (basically owl fiction books)
Spyro the Dragon

Phew, that is a lot of forums! XD

But anyways, I am glad to be here! Everyone here seems really nice, so I am glad I joined here. ;3

P.S. Sorry for the long post! XD
Cassafrass1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #2 
BettaFran

Welcome to the forum and happy birthday! BTW, I love hermies too, though I don't have any right now. As for your guy and his set up, if you could upgrade to a bigger tank (at least 3 gal) it would be better for your guy and WAY less hassle for you. Also it would allow you to have that necessary heater in there. Hey, head over to the general care section and you'll get lots of ideas. In the meantime keep your guy in a warm (at least 75deg) place and change his water every day or two with something like Prime to condition it. Have fun and feel free to ask any questions.
BettaFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:52 PM   #3 
Cassafrass1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaFran View Post
Welcome to the forum and happy birthday! BTW, I love hermies too, though I don't have any right now. As for your guy and his set up, if you could upgrade to a bigger tank (at least 3 gal) it would be better for your guy and WAY less hassle for you. Also it would allow you to have that necessary heater in there. Hey, head over to the general care section and you'll get lots of ideas. In the meantime keep your guy in a warm (at least 75deg) place and change his water every day or two with something like Prime to condition it. Have fun and feel free to ask any questions.
Thanks for the welcome and happy birthday! :D And that is awesome that you love hermies too! ;3 I did some research and heard that was recommended, but I am willing to do the risk for taking care of him in such a small container. ;) Thanks for the advice though! :) I heard that it was ok to just change the water once a week... is that true? Is it ok? His tank seems to be fine right now, but once it settles in more than I don't know...

Last edited by Cassafrass1999; 06-19-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #4 
BettaFran

Once per week is too little for that sized tank. Somewhere here on the forum is a chart for how much water for what sized tank. (Can't remember where I saw that, sorry, but hopefully someone else will chime in. Or you could probably just do a search)
BettaFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #5 
Cassafrass1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaFran View Post
Once per week is too little for that sized tank. Somewhere here on the forum is a chart for how much water for what sized tank. (Can't remember where I saw that, sorry, but hopefully someone else will chime in. Or you could probably just do a search)
Ok, thanks for the tip! ;)
Old 06-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #6 
SaltAndLight

Welcome! I'm new too!
SaltAndLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #7 
Cassafrass1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltAndLight View Post
Welcome! I'm new too!
Thanks, and welcome to you too! ;3
Old 06-25-2013, 10:51 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hi, Cassidy and welcome to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:13 AM   #9 
Schnuffles

Hi! I'm new too :) BETTA FRENZY BEGIN! Post a pic of your boy Cass!
Schnuffles is offline   Reply With Quote