Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #1 
Kiara1125

Meet Synapse

This orange VT has been at my local Meijer ever since they opened on the 13th [but they probably had him longer than that when they were stocking up and preparing to open]. I couldn't bear to see him sit there any longer, so I bought him. He was the only betta not bought [after having around 20 of them on opening day], so I decided to rescue him. His fins look TERRIBLE and they're the worst I've ever seen. Even one of his rays is sticking out with no webbing on it. It's ridiculous. Still, aside from the bad breeding, I decided to give him an excellent home. My boyfriend named him Synapse [think sin-apps] and it means "a small gap at the end of a neuron that allows information to pass from one neuron to the next." God, he's such a geek, but I love him. xD

Anyways, here are some pictures of my new VT boy. In the first pic, you can see what I mean about the ray sticking out on his tail. Is it bad breeding, or does he have a health problem [because the rays turn from orange to red]?

Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:44 AM   #2 
Tabby216

Thank you for taking him in he will brighten up with care :)
I have never seen a orange betta fish before this is my first and his fins will look better later on. Post pictures of him after I love seeing how fish look after being taken care of they truely become more beautiful
Tabby216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #3 
Riverotter

I LOVE the oranges!
As far as the tail, there's really no way to tell. It could have been an injury that healed wrong - you know how the wrong water conditions can make fins curl?

But I'm sure if it wasn't something he was born with, that he will clear up nicely now that he's out of the cup. :)
Riverotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:09 PM   #4 
Anime Fish

With some love and care, I'm sure he'll become a very beautiful betta! :D It's great you rescued the little guy, he's a lucky duck!
Anime Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #5 
Kiara1125

Thanks! I'll be sure to post pictures of him when he gets settled in. I would love to see his fins heal up a bit. I love orange bettas!
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote