Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-02-2009, 12:43 AM   #1 
fishyinpa

Red face hair or something in his mouth

Okay well i noticed earlier that Fishy had what looked a lil piece of hair sticking out of his mouth. Its possible hair from one of my animals did fall in the tank when i was messing with it. Well i used the lil pipette to get it that time,at least i think i did. well now i see it again. Not sure if i never really got it the first time (though i do believe i did) or its another piece. I tried again with the pipette to suck it off but he was getting mad at me so i stopped for now. Should i try again in a lil while to get it or will he manage to spit it out or something? Ill be more careful and make sure there is no critter hair on my hands when i do something with his tank. will this hurt him in anyway? like i guess eating purposes....i hope hes gonna be okay!
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:10 AM   #2 
fishyinpa

well i tried again with the pipette thingy...no luck...hes really mad now i leave him alone lol. if anyone has any ideas please let me know. okay well i did a lil search online and apparently there is a thing called hair algae. Ive been seeing this before coming off of my fake plants and such i always thought i got animal hair in the tank somehow! Now that i think bout it,it doesnt look like regular animal or human hair in there. Not sure whats in his mouth though,its sticking out the side of his mouth and its kinda well curved i guess at the end..

Last edited by fishyinpa; 02-02-2009 at 01:21 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:53 AM   #3 
fishyinpa

Well the hair thing is gone, i guess he ate it. Still a mystery lol.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:57 AM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Maybe it was just an animal hair. I'm sure he'll be fine. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:01 PM   #5 
Kim

How odd. Sometimes a cat hair will end up in my tank but all my fish pretty much ignore it and it eventually gets sucked up by the filter.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:09 PM   #6 
fishyinpa

Yeah i dunno lol. I figured it might be bunny hair. I got plenty of that in my room lol.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:29 PM   #7 
Kim

Yeah, whenever I put anything wet down on my "clean" towel that I use when doing water changes for the floor it always ends up covered in cat hair! We have 4 cats, so it's pretty abundant ;)
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:28 PM   #8 
fishyinpa

Lol i bet. Well the hair is still there. I thought he ate it but i guess not. Kinda hard to see unless you look real close. I tried to get it again but he wasnt having any of it. Hopefully he can still eat and stuff. Maybe when he eats itll come out or go down. I dunno. I was gonna ask the fish place bout that but i forgot. I got excited when i was told my pandas could be ordered lol. So yeah. I might call and ask if its not gone soon. Oh the fish place had a pretty purple betta . Sooooo wanted it. Hmm...maybe ill get him too when i pick up my pandas.....lol!
Old 02-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm glad you got to order your pandas! YAY!! You should get the purple betta, too. :) Didn't you say that purple was your favorite color?lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:42 PM   #10 
fishyinpa

Hmm yes i did lol. Now where to put another tank...haha...