What size is your tank? 1 gal
What temperature is your tank?
Does your tank have a filter? 75ish
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? no
Is your tank heated?yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? none

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish?tetrabetta pellets
How often do you feed your betta fish? every other day or so.

Maintenance

How often do you perform a water change? Lately not as often as I should.
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 100%
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? de-chlor

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? He has a betta eyeball sized lump between his gills under his chin.
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? He is clamped up on the bottom of the tank and just lays there gasping. WHen he tries to swim it looks like the bump is magnetized to the ground and or his head is far too heavy for him and when he does manage to get up for air he freaks out, moving faster than I thought possible, practically jumps his whole head out of the water and then immediately swims at the bottom of the tank. While laying he will eventually tilt over onto his side and then his body will float and he will freak out and straighten himself out.
When did you start noticing the symptoms? not this morning but yesterday morning right before work.
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? Yes, I had wondereed if it might have something to do with his gills because he is breathing funny. I haven't been able to change his water as much as I needed to recently because I've been moving and I moved in with my folks and my mother constantly needed me away from him and my other two babies. I thought maybe he was having problems with his water being too dirty. He hasn't eaten either. I've been changing his water both mornings, and adding 1 tsp of AS to his water to help the gills, and I even dumped half of the water out so he could get to the surface easier. He has shown no improvment. He looks dead now from where I'm sitting, but when I move close his gills are moving but only just. I'm pretty sure he's going ot die before I get any help. I think he's too far gone. But I want to know what is/was wrong. (the bump is new as of yesterday morning)
Does your fish have any history of being ill? Not really, he was emaciated when I brought him home from the store but other than that he's been really amazing with a personality since I fattened him up.
How old is your fish (approximately)? I got him about a year ago.

This whole move (ive moved twice in less than two months) has been to terrible for my boys and girl. I have a 5 gallon tank that the boys are supposed to be in but the cycle got ruined in the move and then we were moving so soon again afterwards that I didn't bother to restart it. Now I am settled and am going to start cycling it again so they get their room back. But if poor Titan doesn't make it I guess Mayim will get all that room to himself.
AltheaGlyndwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:03 PM   #2 
NorthernLights

Can you post some pictures? It sounds like he might be bloated or have dropsy but a picture would really help.

If it seems like he is swollen, get him in water with epsom salts, starting at 1 tsp/gallon. Aquarium salt will make swelling worse, epsom salts decrease swelling.
NorthernLights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #3 
AltheaGlyndwr

I'll take a picture... but I warn you he looks on deaths door. And he'd been lboated before and I've had a fish that died of dropsy and he just has like... a wart between his gills. Let me turn ona light and use my phone... this could take a few.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #4 
AltheaGlyndwr

*he has been bloated before
Old 06-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #5 
AltheaGlyndwr

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...e_3/Titan3.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...e_3/Titan2.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...e_3/Titan1.jpg

Can you see the wart like bump? and he's holding his head up funny away from his neck.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #6 
AltheaGlyndwr

I've scowered him from all angles... He doesn't appear to be pineconing...
Old 06-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #7 
NorthernLights

Ok, that does look weird.

I have no clue, honestly.
NorthernLights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #8 
AltheaGlyndwr

Hey, at least I know that I'm not crazy about the bump. He's just... he's so sick... :( I mean, maybe he just grew some sort of tumor? or something inside that part of him is all wrong?
Old 06-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #9 
AltheaGlyndwr

Should I... take him out and look to see if it's growing from him or just attached? I am going to try looking even harder at it/him with him in his tank. His breath is so labored... He just looks like he's saying "Kill me now D:" :'( I don't know what I should do... All I feel like I'm doing now is watching him die. I don't like feeling so helpless. :/
Old 06-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #10 
AltheaGlyndwr

Okay, so he is still alive with no improvement... Is there something that someone thinks I can/should do? Please? I'm going to try and see if he will respond to frozen blood worms...