Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #1 
MissMittySmoke

Smile Hello

Hi, i am kinda new to keeping a Betta, my sister had one that i used to care for a couple years ago. My fish experience has not been the best as the only place i had been able to get a fish from was walmart, and the one in my area does not have good fish. I had a goldfish named Jaws who managed to life for 2 whole years and ended up getting stuck behind a filter which made me sad because he was about the size of my hand and had lived with the same filter in the same spot all his life. After that i moved on to having tetras who as hard as i tried to keep them alive only lasted a year.

I am on the hunt though for a healthy betta fish though and refuse to go through walmart for my first time betta. I already have my 20 gallon tank all set up. I would get two but my other 20 gallon tank is where my two turtles go when they are on vacation for the two hours it takes to clean an 80 gallon tank......

I am really looking forward to being on here and getting to learn more about bettas and just enjoy having a fish
MissMittySmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #2 
whatsupyall

You can always split the 20 gallon into 3 sections. Have the female in the middle and male on the outer sides. Our classified section is where you will find bettas for sale if you haven't looked. You won't be able to post, but you can still see.
whatsupyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #3 
MissMittySmoke

I do think I might split it up later on but I think one Betta fish for now. Thank you for the idea though. I decided to break down and will be buying a walmart Betta, I figure i can give one of them a good home.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #4 
whatsupyall

Do not encourage their neglective keepings! Get fish anywhere but from petstore jars. :) but okay. Not like i can stop u lol. Good luck.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:45 AM   #5 
MissMittySmoke

I only bought one from them but plan on getting others elsewere. Lord Dean Winchester will be my only petshop fish i think. In just two hours of being in the 20 gal tank his color icreased majorly from when he got in there so i think he is happy. I was kind of upset with the man who was helping me get my angel fish because we had to get home asap and get them into their tank because he didnt put air in the bag, he also refused to sell the live plants.... Do you know anywhere online to order live plants?
Old 06-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #6 
whatsupyall

Ebay.com and aquabid.com are quite popular. You can check on this forum too. Just make a thread.