Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #1 
jadaBlu

Exclude a female from a sorority if she got sick during quarantine (after is well)?

She broke out in a cottony fungus which ate away her anal fin and a small portion of the tail fin. Her water has been very clean. I don't think it was columaris because she responded very fast to treatment and seems to be getting much better. I am thinking maybe she will have a weak immune system and would be an illness risk to the rest of the tank if I add her. What do you think?
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:32 PM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I would QT her another 2 weeks to a month if she seems to have a weak immune system to see if she gets sick again. If she's continually sick then I'd keep her out. But if she gets better and stays that way, she'll be fine to go back in after a while. She could still be stressed out and vulnerable from shipping/coming home from wherever you got her from. Unless she's been with you a while now.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote