Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #11 
deforestfoley117

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANHEL123 View Post
Oh good i am glad that Mahak is healing . Just like dramaqueen said if it just a tear you can just keep him in super clean water with stress coat, may be even do more frequent water changes, it will help. The salt is always helpful if you think it beginning of the fin rot.
Just also don't know if any one told to you , or if you already know ,make sure you disinfect the tank , and everything in the tank after baby betta if you going to put another fish in there. Let me know if you need disinfection instructions. I have a very good link about that .
And i also like to recommend , if you ever bring new fish or even live plant always quarintine it first before you put it in the tank. Even if your fish by itself in the tank you can just keep it without decor. and gravel and make sure it health. You don't want to end up disinfecting everything again, and some bettas can show the symptoms of the sickness later on.

And about notifications you probably need to update your Edit options. Just click on your private messages and on the left side of the screen you will see your control panel go to Edit options :)
Thank you very much. We have looked up a whole bunch of info on how to disinfect but sadly my partner can't really handle the idea of another fish just yet. He was really sad :/
But thanks a whole bunch, you're advice is very good and helpful.
Mahak's tail looks better everyday.
deforestfoley117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #12 
countyrd419

Good evening deforestfolley117. Welcome to our community. My pet "Rusty" does the same thing Mahak does. He surfaces both sides of his tank when he sees his reflection and just flares and swims along. In fact he even has his own launching pad. There is a patch of grass at the bottom right hand corner of his tank. He dives in, pauses and flares his fins and swims real fast at his reflection. I am thinking of getting him a cave decor from PetSmart so that he can just chill out a little bit and relax. Just remember bettas will defend their turf. This is just normal for Mahak to do. Here is Rusty and his glowing redness.
Attached Images

countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fin rot, fin tear, lathargic, tear, velvet