Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-05-2009, 02:15 PM   #1 
Livelifelaughlove

My Ordered Bettas are here and I can't get one :(

I had some Delta tail/Halfmoon Bettas ordered for me (they were ordering fish anyways) and my mom and i decided that since Surimi is sick and i am using his tank to switch between water changes, that i shouldn't get my third one quite yet. So i told the guy at the petstore that he can sell them if anyone comes in and hopefully I will be in in a few days once the finrot goes away... He was really pissy about it. But whatever. :( so i may have to wait longer to get one :(
Livelifelaughlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:24 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you to get one:(: I hope Surimi gets better soon. They can sell them. They should go pretty quickly. I don't know why the petstores think they can't sel them.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:34 PM   #3 
Livelifelaughlove

Yea, They keep telling me when they order bettas they order 200 of them... So i don't know. It just pissed me off... after i told him he gave me this look said something or other, and then ignored me the rest of the time! great customer service there bub!
Old 02-05-2009, 02:41 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

I had a similar experience with an aquatics store here. I was told that they could special order bettas so I called them and the guy actually took my order over the phone. I ordered 1 crowntail female and 1 halfmoon male. They said they would call me when they came in. Two weeks went by and I heard NOTHING from them so I called them. The guy (I have no idea if it was the same guy who took my order) said that they couldn't just order 1 or 2, they had to order like a couple dozen or so at a time and couldn't have them sitting around. I thought, you mean you couldn't sell them? Halfmoons are in demand right now, from what I've been hearing from people. Yeah, bad customer service!
Old 02-05-2009, 02:51 PM   #5 
Livelifelaughlove

I didn't actually as to have them special ordered. I bought Sushi there, and went back before i got Surimi, just see if they had any. I asked if they had bettas and they said about 150, so i asked if they had any delta tail/halfmoon tails (or super deltas... or any of the like) and the wife said no, but they were ordering fish anways, so she will just a few in the order, no problem, come back in a week and a half and they should be here.
She made it seem like no problem. If he was ordering 200 MORE bettas, then selling one or two delta or halfmoon bettas will be NO problem at all! especially if they put it in one of the big tanks, where it can show its self off... So i doubt i will buy my next betta there...
Old 02-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

I actually ended up buying one from the aquatics place but it wasn't a halfmoon . He's a combtail and I love him. :) He's my best one. But don't tell my others that. lol
Old 02-05-2009, 03:50 PM   #7 
Livelifelaughlove

Lol! I don't care whether my next one is a delta or halfmoon, but i already know his name is going to Shushima
So i shall have Sushi (japanese dish featuring raw seafood, wrapped in seaweed) Surimi (Japanese {i think} fish Paste) and Shushima ( Strips of raw fish, often eaten with a sauce) lol or Fillet would be a good name

I don't know, i understand why he may be a little irritated, but he didn't have to be a jerk about it!
Old 02-05-2009, 03:53 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

How about Tofu! lol I thought about naming one Fuji because I think Mt Fuji is so beautiful and I have actually been to Japan and saw Mt Fuji although from a distance. Yeah, I don't really care where they come from. I love them all. :)
Old 02-05-2009, 04:03 PM   #9 
Livelifelaughlove

lol! hmm i like i may steal that! the tofu, not Fuji... lol
Old 02-05-2009, 04:13 PM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think Tofu would be a cute name. lol Since you're going with food names.