Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-22-2013, 06:59 PM   #1 
vlnr2

No AC, water getting too hot

Hello all! So I am living on my own, but right now I cannot afford to use AC to keep the house nice and cool. I have a 2.5 gal tank for my betta, and his water is getting pretty warm, around 86-90 is what my thermometer reads, and I have no idea how to keep him cool in a house without AC.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!
vlnr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #2 
sainthogan

First of all, is the thermometer a stick on one or an in tank one. That can make a huge difference in readings. I have a stick on one right next to an in tank one and right now, it's hot in our house and the stick on one reads 82, but the in tank one reads 77.
To cool the tank down, you can put small amounts of cool water in your tank throughout the day. If you have a desk fan, turn it on and face it towards the tank. You can also put towels in the fridge and then wrap them around the tank.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #3 
vlnr2

The thermometer is one on the tank. And thank you for the ideas!I have a desk fan directed towards the fan right now, so I'll just keep an eye on it and go from there.
vlnr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:34 AM   #4 
Iorek

I'm reading 94 few days, could not find a real way. I aearete them well and open their hoods.

Nothing weird happened, I've been to thailand and man, it was like hell. So damn hot. It was 97 - 100 all day long. Those fish live there, not to worry a lot.

The key thing is, keep temp steady cuz at Thailan, it was 97 - 100 day and night, does not fluctuate a lot.

Cooling down the water is easy, the thing is how to keep water cool :P
Iorek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hot water, no ac