Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #1 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

The great and not so great betta adventures of BB123

So here we are a place where I will post all about my crazy betta adventures!
I own 10 bettas who I love very much!
My females- Opal, Bertha, Saphira, Peanut, Calypso
My males- Jake, Winter, Teeney, Ocean (4 sale), and Marble. I also am raising 8 c fry.
I first got a Magic vt who I named Magic. He was so amazing! He has since passed on but I will never forget my first betta, ever.
Magic bit me with the betta bug and shortly after I bought 4 ten gallon tanks and a five gal. I then purchased Calypso, a female plakat from PetSmart.
After Calypso it was Winter a delta male.
Then I was given a ct pair for Christmas. I named them Saphira and Dragon, Dragon now swims under the rainbow bridge.
After Dragon died I got Jake a male hm as a replacement. Shortly after Jake I recieved three females from Sena for a sorority tank. Their names are Opal, Bertha, and Lavender (Who unfortunately died yesterday)
I also was given a runt from that same spawn named Teeney. I thought Teeney was a girl until I found him breeding in the sorority tank lol.
I then bought three more fish from logistics guy, I picked out one male and two female, both females ended up being males but what can I say? Boys will be boys lol. They are named Marble, Ocean and Manaphy who is going to live with Syriiven.
I was also given a hm female who stayed a female and is named Peanut.
That is how I how all my fish lol.
I also got Janey when Sena had to rehome everyone but she unfortunately died.
I am currently breeding Marble and Peanut.
I am now referred to as the betta person at my local PetSmart and all my family members refer to me as the fish girl lol. But it is true so I don't mind
Calypso my green plakat female who has a disease that has disintegrated her little side fin. She is slowly healing with a large dosage of Kanaplex progress is slow but still there is progress after two months of treating.
First with Maricyn and now with Kanaplex.
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #2 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Wow! You have 4 ten gallons? I only have two (and one for my lizard). So, I have 2 ten gallons (ares, xanthus, and jackson in one and the other is for spawning), two five gallons (one is not in use and one has spike and my black pla kat), one 2.5 (dt fry and shrimp) one 30 gallon regular (guppies, a sword, a endler, a baby pleco, and the sorority. I know what I am doing.), and the 33-40g long that will be my eventual sorority. And then I have the 1g qt tub and the 12(?) gallon crayfish tub. I live in a zoo. Lol. Oh and I for got my chi with a couple guppies and eventually a betta. I'm still sad about janey :(. Do you know what killed her?
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #3 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

No idea what killed Janey. That is not all my tanks I have 4 ten gals, three 5 gals, one 2.5 gal, and my 20 gal sorority, one of my ten gals is of in use and the other is my spawn tank. I plan to make the empty ten gal into my shrimp tank or maybe I will make half into a shrimp tank and save the other half for an ee or maybe a dt or maybe a dtee lol.
I have Jake and Winter each living in their own five gal, then Sarge and Teeney living in a divided ten gal. Calypso is in the 2.5 while I treat her, Peanut and Marble live in another divided ten gal, and the ct fry are in the last 5 gal. Here is a picture of my rack again.
Lets see what way it posts this time.
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #4 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Maybe this time it will post right way up. Lol
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #5 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

So you have two empty tens? I divide all of my tanks 5g and up. I just don't have the room (or the money to heat them all!). I wish I could just heat one side of my room to 80 degrees and leave the other side low. Lol. I'm seriously thinking about asking for one of those racks for my birthday. Where is your sorority?
Old 03-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #6 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Th sorority tank has its own stand and is in the room beside. I have one empty 10 the other is the spawn tank that is currently holding Peanut and Marble while I attempt to get them to breed.
I don't even want to talk about the money I have spent buying heaters!
I wouldn't have the room either if it wasn't for my awesome rack :)
When is your birthday? Maybe I can see if I can get the other rack we have in the garage to you. Absolutely no promises because I don't know if my dad would part with it.
The on.y reason my other ten doesn't have something or someone living in it is because I can't afford another heater right now :)
I don't divide my 5 gals but do my tens mainly because I have been given so many tanks I don't have to.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #7 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Lol. My birthday is in September. I'm planning on buying another ten sometime. I have to go now but will be back later. I can't wait to spawn!
Old 03-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #8 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Alright talk to you later.
I have become he dump for unwanted fish tanks lol got two five gals for free from family members and my 20 gal for free from one of my moms friends friend lol.
IMO all tanks should cost that much money.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:14 AM   #9 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

So I am three days behind on water changes because I have been feeling so crappy D:
O
Some of my fish were not so happy with their late feeding today when I rolled out of bed at 10:50 oh well they will get over it lol.
So wish Canadian winters were over and the snow was gone :(
Old 03-27-2013, 12:18 AM   #10 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I feel your pain. Snow sucks. If your family dumps one to many tanks on you you know who to give it to XD