Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #1 
jadaBlu

Ever had a betta that changed colors like a chameleon?

I have VT I bought because it had a purple body. I love purple! Unfortunately, I rarely get to see the purple unless Chablis feels as if it's a purple day. She might purple for a minute or so at feeding time. Chablis goes from purple ,red to yellow. Mostly Chablis chooses a brown body color with red accents on the head and fins. One morining I awoke to Chablis as a brown fish with mustard gas yellow fins and hour later they were orange. Today she is brown with red fins and a red head.

I might add some of the fish that will soon be Chablis' tank companions have red or brown in their bodies. They are in sight of each other. Does anyone else have fish that changes colors often? I think I am going to have to start photographing her changes.
jadaBlu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #2 
BettaFran

Es changes from royal blue to turquoise, but he's an iridescent dragon scale do not surprised. Your guy sounds quite the chameleon! Yes it would be interesting to see his variations. I guess that's a marble gene that does that? It's like having a new fish every day, eh?
BettaFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #3 
jona31

my fish changes from red to blue to green to emerald to turquoise he's quite a catch I love him so much
jona31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:00 PM   #4 
colouratura

I picked my fellow because he was blue in front and turquoise from mid-section to back.
Then he went to all blue with a black head. Then blue to brown head.
Then black head, into blue and turquoise
Today we're back to blue.

Chablis sounds AMAZING! Do you have pics with her various changes? The same for other people's 'chameleon' bettas. I tried with mine but his colour changes don't really show very well in photos.
colouratura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #5 
jadaBlu

Chablis when she is feeling colorful:

I will try to catch more of them as I see them. I am not a very good photographer of fish.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:29 PM   #6 
Lights106

Following this awesome post!!
Lights106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #7 
BettaCane

Thats really cool!! My boy Rocky has changed his colors somewhat, but not nearly that fast.

He used to have a white spot on his head, white rim at the edges of his fins, and was more of an iridescent blue/purple. Now he only has white on the tips of his bottom fins (I forgot what they're called), is more of an iridescent green/blue, and has iridescent green "lips."

You should try to get more pics of Chablis! I'd really love to see her different colors :]
BettaCane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #8 
jadaBlu

I've got two more I guess one may look similar if it turns out you can't see the orange. I have caught the redhead/red tail look. I need to find my SD reader.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #9 
jadaBlu

Well I found my SD reader. Only one picture was clear enough. No editing other than cropping same fish:

Old 06-25-2013, 11:16 PM   #10 
colouratura

Wow! She's like a whole different fish than the other photo. Very cool betta you have. :)
colouratura is offline   Reply With Quote