Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #21 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Hershey would be considered bi-color, usually to be considered Chocolate they have to have the same pattern as a Mustard Gas just black/yellow instead. So they have to have a black/brown body, yellow fins and a black/brown butterfly band around the tail. However nowaday's people are marking anything that is blue/orange as a MG and black/yellow as a Chocolate. So there's your answer

And yes, Kitkat is a solid red, Sundae is red cambodian and Kira is solid yellow
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #22 
Seki

Ahhh, gotcha. Yeah, Hershey doesn't have a band. And honestly, her fins are more orange than yellow. She does have a dark edging to them, but I certainly wouldn't call it a band. :)

Just for giggles, is there any such thing as a yellow cambodian? My male VT has a pink body and bold yellow fins... That's not cambo, though, right?
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:58 PM   #23 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

No in order to be Cambo they need to be the same color but body is lighter. So if it's a red cambo then the fins are red, body is light red/pink. Yellow cambo would be bright yellow fins and a very pale yellow body (although hard to define), blue cambo blue fins, light blue body, make sense?
Old 07-02-2013, 10:09 PM   #24 
Seki

Yeah, that makes sense. :) I am trying to learn about betta colors and genetics for when I get into breeding in a few years. I'm so excited to try it! I think I'll be focusing on yellow and purple in my breeding. I'll have to scour AB for a good pair to start out. ^_^

I am super tempted by dragonscales, though. I ADORE my dragonscale plakat... who I just realized is actually a HMPK! He totally reaches 180 when he flares, it's just hard to get a picture of because of the current from the filter in his tank!
Old 07-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #25 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Nice about your HMPK!

As for purples, Chard56 has been working with purples and yellows, he's a member here too so you should hit him up!
Old 07-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #26 
Shadyr

That's what I think when I see her. She's pretty at any rate, and hopefully things settle down so she's not so picked on soon. If your tank would support it, 1-2 more girls to dilute the chasing might help?
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:16 AM   #27 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah the tank can definitely support a few more when you find them Seki
Old 07-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #28 
Seki

Yep, I'm aiming for a total of 7 or 8 once I find the right girls. I have one in quarantine right now while I make sure she's healthy. If she passes inspection for a couple weeks, she'll be in the breeder box to see if the other girls can tolerate her and if she can tolerate them. I'm hopeful it'll work out... I need some more blue in there! Right now I have all warm colors hahaha need some cool colors to balance it out!
Old 07-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #29 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Lol I'm the opposite Seki, I need more warm colors! But they'll be in soon

Oh and by the way, girls act differently in different situations so they can seem super aggressive in the breeder box but once they get out, they're passive as all heck. The opposite is true as well so sometimes you just never know. But as I've mentioned before, if you get a bully, just put them in the box for a while till they calm down.

But for the first month really, they'll be getting their hierarchy settled so aggression is fine as long as no one is getting serious damage