Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #1 
Trey740

20 gallon tank

I recently had my blue ram die in my 20 gallon tank :(. He was housed with 6 rasbora and 6 neon tetra and more snails than I can count (I am working to get rid of them).

I was wondering if anyone out there thought it would be okay if I moved my betta from his 1 gallon tank (I know it is on the small side, but it is all the room I have) and put him in the 20 gallon. I don't want him to be picked on by the neons or the rasbora, but I also don't want them to get bullied by the betta. Any thoughts?

P.s: I heard that Betta's will eat snails. If this is the case, I would LOVE to move him to my 20 gallon because there are just way too many snails and I need to get rid of them.

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Trey740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #2 
shellieca
Reference Team

I think I would try it out. You'll know relatively quickly if its going to work. Keep the smaller tank for in case it doesn't work with him in the 20g. If your tank has lots of hiding places everyone should be good. Make sure he has a floating log or something close to the surface to rest on & claim. As for eating snails, he may & he may not, mine don't seem to eat them.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote