Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-23-2013, 10:17 PM   #1 
SirGrizz

Fin regrowth+ whats wrong with my fish?

Hello, parameters come back as good, I have here in a sorority 10 gal heated and have tried some salt and light doses of melafix, she still has her rays on her right side but haven't shown signs of growing back after a week. She spends her time now laying down on the floor or propping herself up with the leaves, when she comes up for air she always gets it but seems to struggle, she hangs around the surface with her body doing a comma shape.

I have her in a cup for observation this is her propped up against what I put in.
Name:  20130612_104419.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  37.6 KB

Name:  20130623_230919.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  34.8 KB
SirGrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:59 PM   #2 
tngirl92

Anything with "fix" in it is bad for bettas. I would switch to using doses of salt and Api stress coat. If she gets worse or shows no improvement in a week, go to a stronger antibiotic like the maracyn line. You also need to do daily water changes if you're not already. Best of luck!
tngirl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:41 AM   #3 
OrangeAugust

If she was in a sorority she could have been getting picked on. It would look like her fins weren't growing back because they were always getting nipped. Now that she's alone, she may heal up more quickly and you may have to put her in her own tank from now on.
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #4 
shellieca
Reference Team

+1 with OrangeAugust. i think she was the one everyone else picked on. Her fins look quite nipped. If you can keep her water warm & clean she should heal up but I would seriously consider not putting her back into the sorority. Does you sorority tank have enough plants & hiding places? Is the tank large enough for a sorority?
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #5 
SirGrizz

yea sorority has been fine for over a year, my main concern is her right fin pictured thats on the rays, using the heat and salt trick I haven't seen it change
Old 06-25-2013, 08:44 AM   #6 
OrangeAugust

How many days has she been by herself?
Sororities can sometimes be a time bomb. They might be fine for a really long time and then all of a sudden they will decide to start picking on one or more bettas. How many do you have in your sorority?
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #7 
SirGrizz

Its a 5 woman tank with hiding spots, I put here back in after a day because its my only heated tank...now I am trying more salt after I had taken 100% of it out but I just never see them picking on anyone
Old 06-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #8 
shellieca
Reference Team

I would keep her out of the sorority until she heals. You can float her cup in the larger tank to help keep the temp up on it. She really needs to be out of the large tank for now.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote