Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #11 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh is a 75?!?! Wow, it looks great Deanna! I'm really excited to see how this will progress and I love how you placed the rocks in the end, looks very wonderful!!!

And that is so not too many plants, too me you should have more! haha but it looks so great and can't wait to see it grown in a little more!!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #12 
peachii

It looks great!

When you have clippings of the rosefolia and tiger lotus?, let me know. I'd love to have some for our tanks. Maybe I have some kinds of plants you don't have yet, to exchange clippings. :)
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:25 PM   #13 
Deanna01

I broke down and moved my original girls over to the 75 today because I changed the water in their 20 long and mudded it up (yet again). I knew, with this tank, to put down at least an inch of sand cap, and hopefully that will fix the problem.

Anyway, these are my original 17 "Mother's Day Sorority" girls. I don't have pics of all of them, because some chose to instantly hide at the back behind the plants, and 75 gallons is a big amount of space in which to track down a tiny betta who prefers to hide! But here are pics of some of the ones who like to stay at the front. I'm hugely pleased with the lighting on this tank and hope it works well for the plants as well as for showing off my betta girls.
Attached Images

Deanna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #14 
OrangeAugust

so pretty!!! I love the one with the yellow edges on her fins, and the one that has random brown and blue scales, and the second-to-last one! Oh and I'd never seen a female DT before! But they're all very pretty! Where did you get them?
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #15 
Deanna01

I got them all off of Aquabid. All but the doubletail were from the American transhipper Hopdiggity, who sells imports from GreatBetta. The doubletail was from Thai seller EmmyGolf.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:23 PM   #16 
Deanna01

I'm going to go ahead and add the new girls today. I know it's a bit soon, but they all seem very healthy, and it is really hard for me to see them in these jars. Here are a few shots as they float to acclimate. (Four more didn't have room for their jars in the tank and will have to go in a bit.)
Attached Images

Old 06-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #17 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Wow Deanna, this is simply beautiful! I'm really digging the aquascape you've got going!!

Love that little black CT and yes the girl with the yellow edging to her fins! And then the spotty DS blue girl with red fins! She looks like my girl Lady beautiful beautiful beautiful!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #18 
Deanna01

Thank you so much, Lil! I have to confess that the wild mass of plants in the middle is just extra plants that are floating there until I can find homes for them. :) (I haven't decided whether to plant them in a spare tank or do an RAOK.)
Old 06-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #19 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Haha, I'm partial to the "jungle" look so I think it looks fantastic just like that XD haha I'm sure some need to be rooted at some point though. Do your boy's have lots of plants too? I assume so, or you'd probably put them in there huh? lol nevermind me!
Old 06-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #20 
OrangeAugust

How many girls do you have in there, counting the new ones?
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote