Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-24-2013, 12:58 PM   #1 
a123andpoof

Need help decorating tanks!!! And want to see yours!

Okay, so I have 5 tanks that I want to redecorate and am just not happy with how they look. I have included pics of my decor. I have 2 ten gallons divided 4 ways, a 10g divided twice that I may or may not change, a 2 gallon and a 1 gallon.
For rocks I have dark blue, natural, red, black, and a mix of natural and white rock. I have a large assortment of plants plastic, and silk, natural looking and colorful. Also not pictured is a small cartoony blue shark cave, a barrel cave, a anchor on a rock, and a broken sunken ship thats in half.
If you would be willing to post pics of your divided 10 gallons that would be awesome. Really any suggestions would be great. I have looked through the entire tank decorating thread but If I could get some suggestions based on the decor I have or see tanks with similar decor that would be great.

All suggestions are appreciated!
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #2 
Seki

My ten gallon isn't divided, so I won't post that. But I will show you my 3 gallon and my 2.5 gallon for inspiration if you like.

3 gallon Tetra Crescent

2.5 gallon Aqueon Minibow

I kinda do whatever strikes me at the moment. I have a 5.5 gallon with a Japanese garden theme that I love. And my 10 gallon is a jungle ruins theme, which I also love. My dad's favorite is the 3 gallon Roman ruins theme that I posted above, and my mother is rather fond of the cutesy 2.5 gallon I also posted above. I think your tanks look nice right now, actually.
Seki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #3 
Mar

Themes I love are

Natural (so rocks, driftwood, live plants)
Hidden village (broken down columns, cottages, mountains)
aaand
Colosseum.

This tank

is actually quite nice. Just adjust the plant placement, and addmore! It will be really pretty

Last edited by Mar; 06-24-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #4 
a123andpoof

I really like your 2.5g tank Seki might do something similar with mine...Trying to keep that one not to crowded since I have a baby betta thats hard enough to see as is lol
Old 06-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #5 
Mar

baby bettas <3

I know it's such a pain to try and find them, but with lots of plants, they feel really safe and secure. :)

Here's an old pic of my Fluval Spec:

Currently upgrading my Fluval Chi and Spec, so when I'm done that, maybe I'll add the updated ones!
Old 06-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #6 
RowdyBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
baby bettas <3

I know it's such a pain to try and find them, but with lots of plants, they feel really safe and secure. :)

Here's an old pic of my Fluval Spec:

Currently upgrading my Fluval Chi and Spec, so when I'm done that, maybe I'll add the updated ones!

Oh I love that setup!! OuO

I'm trying to rearrange mine too; the water wisteria in one corner just looks...off. xD
RowdyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:31 PM   #7 
a123andpoof

Wow mar that looks awesome!
Old 06-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #8 
Mar

Thank you both

I feel like it's too empty, and once I add more plants and they grow in, I'll try to show it!

I love water wisteria! I just float it in the corners, they make lovely betta beds. Sometimes when I get home late, I'll flick on the lights, and they'll all be sleeping in different corners on the wisteria, really pretty and cute.

But ya, it's really easy to get inspired by all the pretty tanks in this site. I really want to do one with just grass. There's a shortage of good plants in my neighbourhood :(
Old 06-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #9 
a123andpoof

It is, but I am still stuck lol I think I know what to do for babies tank, and maybe Spikes. The divided ten gallons are still in the air.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #10 
KohakuRiver

This is my divided 10 gallon

As for what you could do, it's all about what you like. I personally prefer natural tanks, but what you have could look cool too. You should also take into account what the fish that is going in the tank looks like.
KohakuRiver is offline   Reply With Quote