Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #91 
Viva

Thanks Bettalover! I'm really in love with Sprite!

Yeah everytime I see your Cherry I'm like omg...that looks just like Apple! I was going to name her Cherry as someone suggested but I chose to go with Apple because a little girl's name that is a member at the petting zoo I work at is named Apple and I thought it was sooo cute! I will probably end up getting a Cherry of my own though in the future since I really love that name. Pineapple and Lemondrop are like the same size its hilarious...it's funny how we went with names of fruits for them...lol. Fruits and fish just mesh well together I guess (maybe not in cuisine though eww).
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #92 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lmao that's so funny! Yes, you should definitely get your own Cherry ^_^ Cherry's are just too darn adorable! And yes Pineapple and Lemondrop....omg I just realized something else as well. Pineapple and Lemondrop are the same amount of letter's too XD not that it makes a difference but I thought that was rather funny! Same size, same color, same iridescence, same amount of letter's lol. I think the only real differences is that Pineapple is a VT and longer fins while Lemon looks like she's a HM? and shorter fins. That's hilarious though!

And that's really cute about Apple's namesake ^_^
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #93 
Viva

Yeah Lemondrop is an HM I believe. Lol @ the same amount of letters too, too many coincidences!
Old 08-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #94 
Huffle Puffles

Sprite is just beauuutiful! And your little baby is adorables!
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:04 PM   #95 
Janan

I'm in love with Sprite, too. Love all your fishies!
Janan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #96 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think the 'fruity ' names are cute!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #97 
Viva

Today I changed a good portion of the water in the sorority tank and did the water changes for one of the 10g and the baby's 5.5g. Also doing daily changes still on the new CT girl...both are still unnamed! Took pics afterwards since the water wasn't too dark anymore with tannins from the IAL:

Oceania looking cuter all the time! She escaped her cup today during feeding time...she jumped out of her cup that was floating in the tank when I dropped food pellets in. It was hilarious because I came back after feeding another tank to see her on the outside of her cup trying to get through it to get all pellets she left behind...LOL! I didn't actually see her jump out though, I wish I had. I decided to see how it goes in there for her. She is about the same size as Sprite now but she was pretty stressed when she realized she was swimming amongst the others without the protection of her plastic cup anymore ;P

Here's Diva my longest finned girl. She gets nipped a lot because of it :( She's so shiny though!!!

Here's Cleopatra, she gets picked on but has since been getting better.

Blossom turning around. Her damaged anal fin seems to be growing back quickly too!

Just a shot of Halloween and Calico, they look sort of similar in colors:

Calico:

BB looking big and...BLUE!

Lilac getting a breath at the surface under a lily pad:

And now a small back story for the next shots. Sprite was acting super aggressive and not letting ANYONE in the front right corner of the tank..I've never seen it before! Her and Diva were going at it especially, Diva was the only girl that would come back for more. All the others..including BB were fought away by Sprite LOL! It was so cute! She never got a scratch on her either. The pics are kind of blurry unfortunately but it's the best I could do with her swimming around at 100 MPH with all the other girls crowding around the same area...they obviously were begging for food those fatties! And I had JUST fed them before their water change!

Lol poor Diva :(

"WHAT CHU LOOKIN' AT?!"

Diva coming back in stealth mode to claim Sprite's corner!!!:

BB and Snow don't want to mess with her...

Snow doesn't learn!

As you can see on some of my photos the Nerite snail (pretty sure its the Tiger nerite) keeps laying eggs all over the glass...they look like little Sesame seeds! Ever since I got it I've been seeing them all over the place. Luckily none of them will hatch...hopefully!

Last edited by Viva; 08-16-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:56 PM   #98 
BettaLover1313

I definitely love Sprite! She's so spunky!

All your girls are gorgeous as always
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #99 
Huffle Puffles

lol How cute is Oceania! Must of been the site to see with her trying to get back IN the cup. XD BB's colors look stunning in that pic!
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #100 
Viva

So I haven't given an update in a couple weeks, had a lot going on with work and job interviews and such :D The girls are doing great! My new baby DT (still unnamed, I'm up for suggestions) is growing up :D She's a cutie! Here are a couple pics of her, taken today. It's almost impossible to get a clear shot of her, probably because I need to clean the outside of the aquarium glass LOL.

Now just some pics of life in the sorority:

I LOVE this pic! Look at Cleo's open mouth, "GIMME DAT FOOD!!" Then she jumps out of the water like a crazy girl! Speaking of jumping for food, Paradise my male HMPK jumped out of his tank last week! He hit the floor and didn't move...I thought he died :( But I scooped him up with the net and he started flailing around. Put him back in the tank and he hid for a few hours then came back up looking for his food that he has missed when he jumped out O_O I swear these bettas are CRAZY!!! I need to be extra careful with him and the girls!

Tight-walking Nerite snail. He's on a tiger lotus stem. I've named him Oliver because he's...olive :D So original!:

Well I guess that's all I have for now...thought I had more pics but I guess not :( I'll have to take more soon!