Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2013, 07:33 AM   #11 
Viva

Omg can't wait for my Aquabid girls come! They were shipped from Thailand to Linda Olson on Sunday...she hasn't told me when to expect them or anything. Paid express shipping and heard nothing back from her :(

Also still debating on which lighting to get. I am looking into a t5 HO fixture but it seems they only make them for dual bulbs and I really only need one since this isn't a high-tech tank or anything.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:14 AM   #12 
Viva

So my girls are arriving today! So happy! I still need a hood and sand for my tank. Oh, and some type of lighting. I have to quarantine the girls for 2 weeks at least so I still have time to get it up and running. My plant and snail orders have already arrived as well so hopefully today I can get the sand and hood.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #13 
Viva

So they've all arrived and are currently acclimating...here's some just-out-of-the-box photos:

Old 06-27-2013, 08:25 PM   #14 
Viva

Please think of some good names to help me out! I've already named one of the fancys Calico (4th from the bottom). I want to name the pure white one Snow but I might find something better. The other's I just don't know...the super blue I'll probably just call Blue and the super red Red lol. Probably the same with the yellow but Lemon also sounds cute to me.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:37 PM   #15 
rubinthebetta

You could call the blue one Blueberry and the red one Cherry (or Cherri of you want to mix it up)
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:34 PM   #16 
Viva

That's cute, I like Cherry...Blueberry is too long a name for me to say lol. I'm still considering it....
Old 06-29-2013, 02:29 PM   #17 
Viva

So last night I finally my sand and hood which were the last things I needed. I actually didn't need to buy any sand because the sand from the two tanks I tore down to make room for this one had more than enough to cover the soil. I will just bring it back and get my $20 back :) Here's a pic of all the stuff I had to choose from ( I want a bigger piece of driftwood):

And here is the result:

Some of the plants are wilted and haven't recovered yet so hopefully once they get growing the tank will fill in. I really love the red tiger lotus in the middle of the tank, I hope it flourishes :)
Old 06-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #18 
Mar

Your tank will look really pretty once it all settles in and starts growing! It already looks pretty good!
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #19 
Viva

Thanks! The lotus plant is already doing a lot better and has straightened itself out. I bought some plant called "mermaid weed" (on the left foreground) but it seems to be dying :( I had planned on quarantining the girls for at least 2 weeks but somehow half a dozen or so escaped their cups because they tipped over :( Luckily everyone is fine and looks healthy. All 14 girls are doing good. The water is dark now because I added some almond leaves and the Mopani driftwood still has some tannins leaking into the water. Today I add the 4 bronze corydoras from my other 10 gallon tank, they LOVE it! They were playing around for hours with each other...it was soooo cute!
Old 06-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #20 
Janan

Viva, I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see more pictures. This is the fun part!!! Enjoy.
Janan is offline   Reply With Quote