Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-30-2013, 07:46 PM   #21 
Viva

Some pictures of the girls enjoying their new tank. Still thinking of names, hehe:

Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #22 
Janan

Oh, they are all so beautiful, each in their own way. I must, must get a white girl.
Janan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:33 PM   #23 
Viva

Thank you! Yeah my goal was to get a pure white girl, so glad I did! She's so pretty...her body is so long and slender she looks like a barracuda lol!
Old 07-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #24 
Viva

Some more pictures

Some more pictures of the girls...I've started noticing their personalities more and more each day. This yellow girl stayed in the back of the tank for 2 or 3 days before I could finally get a pic of her. She is probably the biggest girl in the tank but also the most shy.

These two are sisters and both are very small and cute! They make up for their size by being fairly aggressive and holding higher ranks than some of the bigger fish because they love to flare!

Tried so hard to get a pic of the solid red, white and blue girls together but the red one is so shy. Its hard to get a pic of her! The white girl is the least aggressive of them all, I think I've seen her flare ONCE. She just hangs out at the top front of the tank. The blue girl is pretty big and just explores around freely for the most part.

This girl is one of my favorites, her name is Halloween because she looks like she's wearing a face paint mask and her colors are orange, black and a dark blue. Her striped dorsal is so gorgeous, and her little orange head, so cute! Shes hard to get a good pic of.

More pics later :D
Old 07-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #25 
Viva

So I've been noticing that some of the girls (especially the smaller ones who are at the bottom of the hierarchy) have what seems to be missing scales or something on their bodies. Not all the bettas have it and I'm starting to get worried that I should maybe be separating the affected ones out. The worse is my girl I got as a baby, Spark. She has what seems like black spots or missing scales on both sides of her body. All their fins look fine, just some are a little nipped or torn. Today by all copper girl who had some body damage had a weird white growth on one of the spots now...maybe I'm just overreacting but I'll get some pics up here once I get home.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #26 
Viva

Here is the dark spots I was mentioning...anyone know what they are? Is it just missing scales from fighting? She seems to have more of them now but they other spots seem like they're healing. She has been sparring with Spark and Spark also has similar markings on her body but I couldn't get a good picture. Both are acting normal otherwise although Spark seems stressed a lot lately.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #27 
Viva

Also got a new light for my tank...a 36" dual T5 fixture which I hope works and doesn't break within a few months because it was only $50 which is cheap for that type of fixture. Literally the cheapest I could find. With free shipping too. I got one pink and one white bulb for it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160871683524...84.m1439.l2649
Old 07-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #28 
Viva

Everything in the sorority is going well so far. No one seems stressed and everyone is eating. Besides the missing scales (which I think was from fighting for rank with some of the other smaller females) I don't see anything to worry about.

Today I picked up two girls...I wanted a CT girl but I also picked up a VT girl who looked like she was about to die. I don't know if she'll make it through the night honestly. I got her to eat one pellet and then she wouldn't eat anymore. Gave her some IAL and treated water with Stress Coat. She was laying on her side when I got her and I thought she had died on the trip from Petco to home because she wasn't moving at all, laying there, barely breathing. However when she gets startled she still has a lot of fight left in her and she can swim fast. Her back seems like its all bent and crooked and she is very skinny. Both girls are TINY, like TINYY. They're basically babies. I have the sick one quarantined because I don't know if it's carrying an illness or not...she a has weird black head. The other pretty girl is floating in her cup in the sorority tank until she gets bigger.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:03 AM   #29 
Viva

So the crooked girl is still alive! She made it through the night! After trying to feed her pelelts a few minutes ago I realized she just spits them out...she held one in her mouth for a few seconds and then spit it out whole. I threw away my frozen blood worms because they were so freezer burned and forgot to pick some up when I went there yesterday. Luckily I still have frozen brine shrimp, and remembering that when feeding my two baby bettas a pipette works great for this. I sucked some shrimp up and as soon as she smelled that shrimpy water she attacked the pipette and gobbled at least 2 shrimps down! I am so happy. I'm gonna be late for work now, lol. I hope she makes it through the day:

Other white/blue girl is doing great too!
Old 07-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #30 
BettaLover1313

You have such gorgeous girls! I wish my college allowed more than one tank/larger than 10 gallon tanks, since I think I would enjoy a sorority, but that must wait :/.

I hope your VT girl continues to get better since she is quite pretty, even with her crooked spine.
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote