Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #51 
Huffle Puffles

Your girls are really stunning!! Happy to see Oceania is doing well. If you're still undecided with names, Orchid and Lily popped into my head for the two pinky/purple sisters. Miyuki for the white one, I believe it can mean "beautiful snow". And the little pastel girl you picked up with Oceania, Nixie would be cute, means "water sprite" cause she looks like a little fairy! Of course these are just suggestions, don't know if you've named them all yet, but maybe they'll help!
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:04 PM   #52 
Viva

Thanks Huffles! I really like the name Sprite for the new CT girl, so I'm going with that! Nixie is really cute too though! For the two EE girls I've already named them Blossom and Lilac. I've just been calling the white one Snow since I got her so I think I will stick with that. The solid red is named Apple. The blue one is named BB for "big blue" because she's huge! The yellow one is named Lemon I've decided because that's all I could think of lol. I still haven't thought of a good name for this huge girl (probably the biggest girl I have). She reminds me of a clown lol. I just can't bring myself to name her Clown or Bozo or something :( The solid copper and the black/copper sisters are still unnamed as well.

Any suggestions for these 3? The sisters are very feisty and about the average size of a female. The big fancy girl is also very feisty and doesn't really need to do much to get her way. She doesn't even need to flare and the others back away lol. She also eats like a little pig! She waits for the extra pieces to fall and eats them all! I swear she's eaten like 10+ pellets for the last few feedings...I'm gonna have to try not to feed her next feeding the big fatty!

Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #53 
Viva

Also here's Oceania yesterday. her colors look sooo different with and without the flash. With flash she's a metallic green/blue. Without flash and under the fluorescent light she's a dark blue with red. I love her stripes on the dorsal fin though, I'm a sucker for stripes and spots!

Old 07-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #54 
Janan

Beautiful girls! My copper girl has fins like your second picture. I love her fins. I named her Pretty Bird.
Janan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #55 
Huffle Puffles

That's so funny, I just talked my aunt into rescuing a fishy last night and he's this beautiful green/gold/rust color iridescence with no light and in the light it turns to pink/purple/bright red opposite Oceania.

As for a name, could always go with Harlequin (Harley for short?) for the girl that reminds you of a clown...sounds a bit more fancy shmancy! Plus her scales remind me of the diamond shapes of their costumes. As for the goooooorgeous copper colored girls, I keep having Cleopatra (Cleo for short?) and Nefertiti (Nefi for short?) pop into my head. Probably cause the black/coppery colors make me think of the Egyptian pyramids and jewelry!

Seriously, all of your fish are so beautiful!
Old 07-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #56 
BettaLover1313

Maybe for your big girl you can call her BG (short for Big Girl), or, if you're a fan of the Muppets, you could call her Ms. Piggy XD.

I like Huffle Puffles suggestions, particularly Cleo for one of the copper girls.
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #57 
Viva

Thanks Huffles! Those are actually all perfect names! I LOVE Harlequin for the big girl, its so cute! Cleo and Nefertiti are awesome for the two copper sisters, and I really love the ancient Egyptian culture. I think Cleo will be the solid copper and Nefi will be the black/copper. I was gonna name my cat Cleo when but then I found out he was a boy lol.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #58 
Huffle Puffles

Yay! So glad the names helped! I was thinking that exact order for Cleo and Nefi too!
Old 07-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #59 
Viva

So Oceania is doing AWESOME and she ate her first pellets this morning! I was getting sick of feeding her frozen brine shrimp and blood worms and she needed to be weaned onto pellets so she could eventually join the sorority when she's big enough. She didn't eat the pellet I gave her last night so I decided to just see if she'd be hungry enough to eat one in the morning, and she was! I'm so happy!
Old 07-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #60 
Viva

Some more pictures of the two new little girls gettin bigger, and my tank now that I've added the new plants:

Sprite with no flash:

Oceania and Sprite floating near each other, getting ready for the sorority life:

Sprite with the flash on:

Oceania being cute:

Oceania looking quite mad, lol. This was taken after I wouldn't feed her the frozen blood worms and brine shrimp and was getting her to eat pellets. She's saying, "WHERES MY FROZEN FOOD MOM!? These pellets aren't as tasty >=( "