Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #61 
BettaLover1313

Sprite and Oceania are beautiful! Glad to see that she's doing better! Love her little grumpy face in the last picture!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #62 
Huffle Puffles

Yay, great that you got Oceania to start eating pellets! I loooove her little mad face though :D! Kinda jealous, I can't seem to keep a plant alive in a tank for more than a few weeks, lol. But yours looks great!!
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #63 
Viva

Thanks BettaLover, I didn't even notice the grumpy face when I took the picture. I saw it when I uploaded it, lol. She's so cute.

Huffle: Me TOO! I was really getting sick of cutting up those frozen foods 4 times a day. She now gobbles the pellets like it's nothing :D Still feeding them both frozen foods daily though so they grow. I don't know how I keep the plants alive tbh. I really don't do much, lol. I just plant them and hope they live!
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #64 
Viva

So Cleo and Lilac both had to be removed from the sorority yesterday...at least for now. Lilac has this weird blackening all on the bottom of her body on both sides and also is missing some scales on her side from being picked on. I have no idea what the darkening of her scales is...it might just be her color changing. Either way I didn't take any chances and removed her. I removed Cleo because she is being picked on and has quite tattered fins at the moment. She is also missing a lot of scales on her body so she's no longer a shiny, solid copper girl right now :( I'm hoping she'll recover quickly and I will try introducing her again when I release Sprite and Oceania in a month or so (whenever they grow up!). They are still super small and cute. I will take pics of both Lilac and Cleo to show you guys and maybe you can help me figure out what Lilac's darkening is.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #65 
Viva

Unfortunately my Rotala Wallichii isn't doing well as I thought it wouldn't because my tank isn't exactly high-tech or anything. I assumed it would be really hard to keep alive and it is! I might need to replace it with something else, maybe some more cabomba because that stuff is growing like a weed! I really love the way it looks too. It's like little skinny pine trees in there! Also the kind I got has a nice metallic purple tint to it on the underside of the needles. Need to get some more pictures to upload but I've been sooo lazy.

Also turns out I'm just paranoid about Lilac. I put both her and Cleo in a divided 5 gallon to treat them with AQ salt for a few days. Lilac's darkening was literally just a shadow -_- It seems she's all better now so I released her back into the sorority. Cleo is floating in a cup because her fins are still pretty tattered but they are growing back fast. The two little girls, Sprite and Oceania, are still doing great. Everyone else is doing great too. Now that there is a lot more plant cover in the tank I've noticed A LOT less aggression. My long finned girl Diva is still swimming near the filter intake like a dumb-dumb and getting her fins torn :( She literally stares at it and I think tries to pick little bits of food off of it, it's actually funny to watch. But she slowly gets sucked closer and closer to it until her entire body is stuck sideways to it! She can free herself pretty easily but her fins must be taking a beating from it :(
Old 07-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #66 
Viva

OMG the worst thing happened! Harlequin my biggest girl is wedged completely inside a piece of stupid mopani driftwood...I HAVE NO IDEA HOW SHE GOT IN THERE! She's still alive but theres literally no way I can get her out of there IDK WHAT TO DO
Old 07-27-2013, 07:40 PM   #67 
Huffle Puffles

Oh my gosh, I do hope she comes out soon/is okay. :( Have you tried rotating the wood so it gives her a different angle to try and swim out? What about putting in a little extra Stress Coat, that stuff is all slippery, I wonder if it could act as a help for her to slide out. Either way, good luck with her! I hope it all ends well!
Old 07-27-2013, 07:58 PM   #68 
Viva

RIP Harlequin....I couldn't save her. Ended up throwing the wood out with her body still wedged in it :( She died while I tried to literally shave the wood down with a razor/back of a hammer and scissors.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:48 PM   #69 
Huffle Puffles

I'm so, so very sorry you lost her. I'm sure she knows you tried your best to save her though. SIP Harlequin.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:47 PM   #70 
Viva

I just can't believe she got in there :( I can't even describe how weirdly shaped the crevice was, there was nothing I could do in time :( I have no idea how long she was in there before I even noticed she was missing and I only found her because I saw another girl investigating the wood. I honestly was afraid that would happen with that piece but I put it in there anyways thinking that there's no way they could get in that tiny little crevice -_- I will always trust my first instincts from now on, no matter how paranoid I seem!

SIP Harley :(