Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-29-2013, 12:14 AM   #71 
Viva

On a happier note, here are the girls today playing on the huge lily pads that are now at the surface of the water...this plant is seriously amazing in how fast it grows!

BB, Apple and Lemondrop:

BB, the queen of the tank!:

Snow saying, "Hello!":

Diva coming up to see what all the fuss is about:

Red, white and blue. Sadly not in that order:

I loled at this picture. Lemondrop coming up to claim the lily pad:

Then she is chased away, hahaha!

Halloween, Apple and Blossom being friends:

Nefertiti. rarely get a good shot of her especially at the surface. She tends to stay near the middle/bottom of the tank:

Another one of Halloween:

Blossom being cute!:

Nefi and Blossom looking right at each other, lol:

Last edited by Viva; 07-29-2013 at 12:25 AM.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:24 AM   #72 
BettaLover1313

I'm very sorry to hear about Harlequin-S.I.P.

Love the adorable pictures of the girls playing though! Very cute to see them interacting!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:30 AM   #73 
Huffle Puffles

You take some really gorgeous pictures of your girls! Thanks for sharing them :D
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #74 
Viva

Thanks guys! My camera has been acting weird lately...sometimes my PC won't be able to read the picture on it and transfer them over. I think it could be my USB cable though since MY CATSSS love to chew on one end of it...those little b-stards!
Old 07-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #75 
Haleigh

Great pictures! You have such a lovely sorority!
Haleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:58 AM   #76 
Viva

Thanks Haleigh!

So today I went to Petco...twice. I had $20 rewards there so I need to spend it. I picked out a bunch of stuff including some amano shrimp, shale rock, some plants, and two bettas; a baby and a female crowntail. I am a sucker for bettas that are in bad shape, which is why I picked them. Anyways I went to the counter ready to check out and realized my debit card wasn't in my wallet...I FORGOT IT ON THE DRESSER! I had to drive back home and get it then drive all the way back to Petco...smh -_-. I had them put the bettas aside for me and the shrimp were still floating in the bag when I came back the second time.

The little baby looks like a DT (WHICH I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR SO I CAN GET A FEMALE DT!!) and a CT female that is very bloated and her mouth seems to always be open for some reason...it's strange. She is purple though! So pretty. I hope both recover. The baby looks like she was either attacked by another fish or has fin rot...since being in the new 5.5 gallon tank she is already doing MUCH better!
Here is the DT girl looking in bad shape in her cup, probably starving!

Here she is after eating tiny bits of frozen blood worms...she didn't eat any of the frozen brine shrimp though:

Here is the bloated CT girl with her mouth open all the time, lol:

And here is just a pic of Oceania looking more and more like a grown lady. She looks so much better than the scraggly, bent half-dead betta she was a couple weeks ago :(
Old 07-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #77 
BettaLover1313

Glad that you picked up that CT female and the baby betta! Both look like they'll be quite the lookers once they're healthy and have received some TLC!

Oceania is looking great! :D
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:30 AM   #78 
Viva

Finally got a new cable for the camera and it seemed to fix my problem of my computer not being able to find it when it was plugged in.
The new purple CT girl has a bit of fin rot and is being treated. The baby DT is getting stronger every day! I still have to name the two of them. The CT has a weird deformed mouth that she can't seem to completley shut so it's always slightly open, lol. Here's some random pix of everyone:

Baby eating and getting fat, hehe:

Snow and Lemon looking at the camera with BB off to the left:

My Tiger and Olive Nerite snails:

Old 08-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #79 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

OOOh, how did I not see this before? Well here I am a-commenting lol

All your girls look so beautiful Viva!!! Baby is doing so well Glad you picked her up ^_^

I think Halloween is my favorite so far lol
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #80 
Viva

Thanks augrim! Halloween is probably my favorite for looks, but personality I really can't say. They're all so silly! Snow is in my top 5 for sure because she literally jumps at everything. She jumps onto lily pads and floating IALs its so funny. She then has to wriggle around to get back into the water...she's like a beached whale or something. Here's some random pics and full pic of the tank so you can see how the plants are filling in. The lotus plant is growing like a weed as is the cabomba and the sword plant. I added some new IAL leaves so the water is pretty dark with tannins right now:

Some pictures of Lilac who I swear has some CT in her:

Snow playing on a lily pad (lol):

My new purple and red CT girl who is being treated for fin rot right now in a KK. She is an odd one, lol. Her mouth is huge and always stays open:

And now some pics of my cat Martini sitting on my lap and trying to kill the corydoras through the glass (as usual):