Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #81 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

OMG your cat does the same thing mine do! It's sooooo adorable!! lol I love it when they do that, except for when my boy cat tries to scratch the glass >.> that tank has enough scratches in it without him digging in any more!! lol

Oh and for Lilac, if she's a Trad PK which it looks like she is, it's very normal for PK ray's to stick out in that kind of fashion. No CT genes, just a good lookin EEPK girl ^_^
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #82 
Viva

Ah I see, yes she is a PK :D She's so cute. She and her sister Blossom are so small and the only EE's yet they pretty much run the tank, lol! My tank also has ALOT of scratches because I bought it from Craigslist and it had been used as a saltwater tank previously which means they had to scratch it all up with coral and rocks apparently -_- I also caused a lot of scratches accidentally because I tried scraping the hard water stains from the glass (which there was A LOT!) with a razor and it slipped a few times :( I should have bought a new tank :(
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #83 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ah yeah mine came from my college, they were throwing it out so the maintainence guy grabbed it and had it sitting in his office. Then I was complaining to my mom at the right time when Steve was there, and about the right things and he goes "Oh, I have like a 50 gallon tank in my office, you want it?" lol so I was like "hell yes!" lol, came with the stand, gravel which I didn't use and donated to my LFS, a small Betta bowl which was weird, also went to my LFS, and an AquaClear filter which is still wired to it but I can't use because the wire is on the wrong side of the leg >.> so that's just sitting there lol

But I think mine was used for saltwater previous as well, gave it a real good bath before anything went in lol But one day we'll both have beautiful new tanks and then when scratches come along we'll be like WTF is THIS! Where did THIS come from!?!?! lol I can see it now XD
Old 08-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #84 
Huffle Puffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post

Oh my gosh, loooove these two photos. So precious!
Side-note what sort of camera do you use if you don't mind my asking?
Huffle Puffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #85 
Viva

Hahaha, I can't wait to have a brand new tank! Someday....

And thank you Huffles! I have a Canon Powershot SD1200 IS...it's old and nothing special xD
Old 08-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #86 
BettaLover1313

All your girls are beautiful as always! Your cat is simply adorable! I love the pictures that you posted of her trying to get at your fish!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #87 
Janan

I love the pictures of your fish, Viva! I got a new Canon 3ti slr and used it non-stop on my vacation. I can't wait to get all my housework and unpacking done, so I can practice on my sorority. You will have to give me some tips!
Janan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #88 
Viva

Most of my shots I take are using the Macro feature on the camera...it focuses pretty well most of the time! One thing I've noticed is that you can't get a focused shot without using the flash...with flash off it's almost impossible to get a clear shot unless the target is completely still.

Well on that note, here's some more random pictures!
Amano shrimp that became pregnant within a few days of adding the three of them to the tank:

This picture is cute, it loks like Apple and Halloween are cuddling :) I love Halloween's orange tinted pectorals! It's one big reason I could tell her apart from Calico in this pic.

Little Sprite is now living amongst the sorority as of a few days ago. She escaped her cup for the last time and I didn't feel like catching her again. So far she is still in mint condition, I saw her flaring and holding her ground against the all big girls, it was the CUTEST!

Lemondrop looking at a Corydora that was passing by...LOL! "Yo dis is my hood." (That's how my fish talk btw, they're all pretty much straight up G's).

Apple literally loves to get her picture taken. She will come up to the glass and just stay there motionless until I get a perfect picture of her. She never has any nips or tears in her fins either, she's so careful!:

Now this is Sprite saying to Lemondrop, "Yo dis is my turf, I ain't scared of you!!!" Look at the size difference LMAO! Luckily Lemondrop is pretty cool and isn't very aggressive at all.

(See this picture was taken without flash so it's blurry, kinda sad because if you put the flash on you won't get the same lighting of the tank in the background which looks a lot nicer):

And some updates on the new baby DT who I am almost positive is a female now. Showing blue and red coloring now :D I'm happy her tail is almost perfectly symmetrical because I just prefer it that way :D Her lower lobe is probably a little larger but not by much!

Old 08-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #89 
BettaLover1313

Your girls are just so pretty & love Sprite's spunk! Glad the new girl is coloring up nicely!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #90 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

VIVA! Our girls look so similar! Well...at least Lemondrop to Pineapple and your Apple to my Cherry lol. And your Sprite to my Stardust XD except tail difference. that's so funny though.

And yes! The little DT is a girl she's looking amazing! I'm super glad you were able to save her ^_^