Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #1 
countyrd419

Omega One Buffet Flakes Vs Pellets

I went to PetSmart today and do an experiment to see what does Rusty prefer the Flakes or Pellets. I just fed him some flakes for lunch -- they are big so I had to crush a few of them. He gobbled them up. At 5 PM Eastern Time, is when I will feed him two pellets. Is this good that I am giving him two different types of food? Let me know. Keep swimming as Dory would say.
countyrd419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:11 PM   #2 
LebronTheBetta

Based on the ingredients, the flakes seem to be better. With the fish mixes and then the wheat gluten/flour is at the back of the list. However, the pellets are better in choosing the amount you give; the pellets also seem to have good ingredients.

I think it's just a personal preference. :D
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #3 
LittleDeer

I think both are really good, though I accidentally bought the flakes, and my boy seems to be picky. He swallows the flakes and then spits them out. He's too used to his pellets and bloodworms I think. I'm gonna go out and get the Omega One Pellets soon to use instead. I'm gonna see if my girls will eat the flakes when I have time. If they do, I may alternate between pellets and flakes for variety and balance n_n But Bettas tend to be picky, unfortunately.
LittleDeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #4 
countyrd419

Littledeer, I think Rusty agrees with you. I have been feeding him the pellets ever since I got him; I did notice that he swam by a few of the flakes not knowing what they were. I have to go out anyway tomorrow so I am going to return the flakes and get my money back or maybe a merchandise credit since I shop there a lot for him. LOL. Does it seem like all of us go almost twice a month to PetSmart or Petco for something for our pet fishes or is it just me?
Old 07-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #5 
LittleDeer

Haha, well I've only had fish of my own for 3 months now, but I have been to pet stores many times since then. I'm always getting them new stuff, haha. I figure they need a lot of interesting things to act with and variety. So I try to keep their lives interesting.
LittleDeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #6 
countyrd419

I think I am going to wait until Christmas to get something new for Rusty. I need to save some money off from him. I am sure I am not the only one.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #7 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

The thing with flakes and this goes for all flakes is that they are a) messier and b) they actually promote bloating as well, not terrible but it doesn't help a situation that's for sure.

The Omega pellets are one of the best formula's on the market at the moment with NLS tied or coming right in second depending on which you prefer.
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote