Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #1 
TheMisfitToys

Hello from Northern IL, USA!

Hello, my name is Jess. I've been keeping fish since I was about 7 years old. Started off with a 10 gallon community tank, and just kept going from there. Currently I have a 36 gallon bowfront fancy goldfish tank, a 46 bowfront South American cichlid tank, and my 10 gallon split betta tank. The betta tank is my favorite, though! I've had Henry for about six months now. He's an older betta that I got from Petsmart. I just loved how blue he is! Blake is the new addition. I just got him about 4 days ago from Petsmart. The split tank is new, and the bettas have just gotten used to each other. They hardly flare at each other anymore, and spend a lot of time next to the divider in their tank, just keeping each other company. They also seem to enjoy chasing the catfish that they each have on their sides of the tank! I'm new to forums, but I'm looking forward to learning a lot and meeting a lot of new friends! I have a lot of knowledge about fish, but there's always room to learn more. I've learned a lot in just the past few days as I've read through the various threads and gotten familiar with the board. Looking forward to getting to know you guys and your fish!
TheMisfitToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #2 
whatsupyall

Welcome Jess and nice to meet you, I'm Kevin. There is much learning to acquire from this forum. At the same time, it's a friendly site, so I'm sure you will like it just as much as I do. As for your betta tank, you should split the 10 gallon into three sections, having a female in the middle. This would make both the males VERY happy and healthy in the long term.
whatsupyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #3 
TheMisfitToys

Hello Kevin, I'll have to consider doing that. Right now I'm out of money. I spent it all putting this 10 gallon together with the two males. Maybe next month I can take the time and funding to do that. Does anyone else have a 3 way split in their 10 gallon for two males and a female? I'd be interested in hearing what kinds of experiences others have had with that setup.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #4 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Hi Jess and welcome to the forum so nice to have you join us ! Henry and Blake sound adorable,you will have to post some photos of them when you get a chance. I hope you enjoy your time here with us and learn all you would to know about these incredible little fish
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #5 
TheMisfitToys

Hello Perseusmom! It's nice to meet you! My avatar is a picture of Henry that I took this morning. It's not the best shot of him, but it's the best he'd let me get. They both seem to be a bit camera shy. I posted an album to the forum with the tank and a couple pictures of Henry and Blake. I'm still trying to get more pictures, but as I said, they seem to be camera shy!
Old 06-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #6 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Henry is so pretty I love his colors, he reminds me of my guy Perseus. I love all the colors of Bettas but I do favor the blue just because Perseus is my first ever Betta and he makes me so happy each time I look and watch him swimming around. He was shy too of the camera but now after a year he is mostly doing better with seeing it so do I understand how you feel plus its difficult to get them to be still long enough to get a really good picture...lol I will have to go have a look at your album and see the other pictures of Henry and also Blake, those are such cute names. Thanks and its really nice to meet you too
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote