Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2013, 01:59 AM   #1 
redcharizard

Question head-bashing (sorta) during cleaning

so today during water changing and gravel siphoning i noticed one of my bettas, that is usually calm during all this, was slamming head first into the gravel and had stress lines
i dont think it was doing it through the whole cleaning process but im not too sure since i wasnt paying attention to him/her the whole time i was cleaning then when i put all the decorations back and topped off the water it was fine back to its normal self
this is the first time ive noticed it bashing into anything in any manner.

anyone have an idea why it was head bashing i understand why it was stressing but slamming is strange to me
redcharizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:07 AM   #2 
shellieca
Reference Team

Are you sure he/she wasn't just trying to get something that was in between the rocks? Sometimes mine are trying to eat something that is in the gravel & they keep diving & pecking at it. Just a thought, other than that I don't know why he/she would be doing it. If he/she stresses that much then I might remove him/her while cleaning the tank.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #3 
redcharizard

well it was kinda hitting the silicon too it looked more like head bashing than feeding/pecking that was the 1st time its ever been stressed during cleaning

it could be that it freaked out like that because i had someone else do most of the cleaning for me (i got outta surgery on wed) also my dad came to visit me later in day it flared at my dad its never flared at people before then (good laugh when that happened)
redcharizard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
behavior, stress