Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-28-2009, 06:57 PM   #91 
Kim

I think if I did that we'd have a LOT more animals around the house lol! Both times we went to get 1 cat, we ended up coming out with 2 and the second time it was solely my doing..hehe, now we have 4 cats! Good for you though, I'm sure they appreciate it :)

Pitbulls get such a bad rap. My old riding instructor had 3, and they were some of the friendliest dogs I've ever seen! Nice dogs to have too, because no one will rob you or try to mess with any of your stuff when they see those dogs! She used to bring one of them (her dog) to work with her (she delivered stuff so the dog rode in the car with her) because the dog liked it, but it had the added benifit that no one would TOUCH her car with a pitbull in there ;)
Kim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:09 PM   #92 
dramaqueen
Banned

I've heard that if they are raised right then they're fine and make great pets.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:16 PM   #93 
Livelifelaughlove

I used to petsit for this one couple when they went to work. They spoiled the dog so bad he couldn't be left for longer than 3 hours by himself :-< and i had to be there at 5 AM! but i lost the job when he had to quit work
Livelifelaughlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:19 PM   #94 
veganchick

Yep, even if they are raised wrong! Atlas was once a bait dog! He is just the sweetest dog EVER tho! If my dad would let me get another dog, I would! Of course pitbulls are illegal to own in my city sooo I couldn't get him. :(
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:21 PM   #95 
dramaqueen
Banned

I had to get up and walk a neighbor's dogs at 7:00 in the morning! Thats not as bad as 5:30. In the winter it was dark out. I was more afraid of running nto skunks than strangers.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:35 PM   #96 
Livelifelaughlove

Seriously? its illegal?

My brother ended up obtaining a dog, long story, who stayed with us for a few days. She was part Pit and Part Pointer. She was 2 and full grown, knee height. I openly admit i am TERRIFIED of dogs. No joke. but she was perfect. She was SO sweet, never barked, even at my cat, wouldn't growl or anything. She didn't tear up the garbage even though it was right next to her. she would jump up, but wouldn't lick you. I want her SOOO bad. But we gave her to someone down the road b/c my mom doesn't like dogs.
I love her though. one of the only dogs i have actually liked.
and we let her off the leash, and as long as you paid a little attention, she would stay near. not even chasing my cat *she is siamese, and the only dogs she has ever met was from the other side of a fence, so she LOVES to tease the dogs, its funny*
Old 02-28-2009, 08:41 PM   #97 
dramaqueen
Banned

We used to have a Rotweiler in our neighborhood, until the homeowners' association made the woman get rid of it. She used to let it run loose until it scared the daylights out of a couple little old ladies.She didn't really threaten them, she jus ran up to them and they got scared.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:52 PM   #98 
Livelifelaughlove

That annoys me. but i live out of city limits, so it doesn't really matter anyways
Old 02-28-2009, 09:28 PM   #99 
veganchick

ALL dogs are legal exept pitbulls in KCMO. Its so annoying!
veganchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:30 AM   #100 
Kim

The same woman told me that she used to work at an animal shelter, and if they got a pitbull in that was not a puppy they would euthanize it right away :( That's how she always got her dogs - she saved them from being put down.
Kim is online now   Reply With Quote