Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-22-2007, 12:33 PM   #1 
bettababe

Buddy

:D Bettas are such beautiful and interesting fish! I have my betta his name is Buddy and since I improved his accomodations he seems happier than ever. He always recognizes me and immediately swims to the top of his small tank when I approach. He eats his food like a good boy and chases his reflection like crazy-what more can I ask for?
bettababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:51 PM   #2 
lioness501

wat a happy lil fella!! i had one of these but for some reason he only lasted a couple of days so i gave up!!
lioness501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:07 PM   #3 
bettababe

sorry

i am sorry to hear about your lil betta-a lot of times when you buy them at pet stores they are sick-but bettas try to hold on. I got one a few months ago with little knowledge of their care and health problems and lost my first one in a matter of days also. I put him in a little bowl with untreated tap water (although I aged it in an empty water gallon 24 hours) and he seemed "okay". When I changed his water 3 days after getting him I got home to find him in a pitiful state. From then on I decided to take the best care and precaution of my next betta. I have had luck with Buddy so far, but I constantly check up on him, afetr all I am his Mommy. This forum is great for getting tips and advice on fish and aquarium care.
bettababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:17 PM   #4 
lioness501

i find wen i c al the bettas in my lfs they r soooo lifeless and dull. i went to a different store in the next town and they had a betta in with a few neons and he looked so happy and healthy! i dont think i could have one with the fish i have i think it would get ripped to shreds :( tho i thought neons were nippers?? bizarre!!!
this site is extremely helpful and has helped me a lot learning lots that i didnt really know about fish :):)

(not as simple as i thought lololol)
Old 01-22-2007, 05:47 PM   #5 
musho3210
Banned

no neons are not nippers, danios and barbs are nippers though
musho3210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 02:05 AM   #6 
bettababy

With bettas even neons tend to be nippy. Please, don't take things you see being done at LFS's as an example of how to do things at home. There are a number of criteria that are so different between how things are done, its not practical or safe for a home environment in most cases.
To begin with, fish in a LFS are very temporary. This betta that is in the tank with neons may have been there for a week or more, but the neons in the tank with him will likely be different during the course of that same week. Neons stress easy, so their time spent in a LFS tank is not the place where they would typically be "nipping fins" or causing any type of issue for the few days they are there.
Bettas at LFS's also usually change almost weekly, depending on location. What can be achieved for a week or 2 is not always the same thing after 6 months or a year... when fish begin to mature and settle into a permanent environment with established territories.

Fishforum appreciates your compliments, and if I may speak on behalf of the admin and other mods here at FF, we always try our best to help give you accurate information as quickly as possible. It is the good members of this site that helps to make it complete and such a wonderful place to be. I enjoy helping here because I know it is needed and appreciated.
On behalf of FF, I say to the members as much as to the mods and admin... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
bettababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:36 AM   #7 
lioness501

dont worry i wouldnt put a betta in my tank! poor thing wouldnt stand a chance!!!
Old 01-23-2007, 09:39 AM   #8 
Matt

I have a Betta in my Tank.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:41 AM   #9 
lioness501

i have danios, tetras, guppies and mollies, i have noticed that the mollies can b quite nippy so i wouldnt risk it althought they r beautiful fish
Old 01-23-2007, 10:00 AM   #10 
Matt

My Betta Is In with Plattys.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote