Well I can now confirm the water in Calgary is greatly compromised for fish. AHS confirms much bacteria, parasites, virus in the water. Yes it is technically safe to drink. Smells and tastes bad. Anti freeze and oils from flooded cars is in the water that goes through the treatment plant Mayor himself just said they were using large amounts of disinfecting agents. My bet is chloramine which is really strong toxic ammonia that does not evaporate. Look it up. I may make a thread about this. Fish keepers in Calgary beware make sure your dechlorinator kills this stuff or it could be trouble. I will only be using my rain barrel for a little while or getting water from the fish store ect.
I have to walk from my place to a grocery store over an overpass and through a parking lot. Roughly a 1 kilometre walk. I do not drive, I do not have access to a vehicle. I don't think I can carry a 4 gallon jug of water >_<