Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-27-2015, 09:52 PM   #1 
Strawberry12

Strawberry's Thoughts

HAI

So i'm going to be home for the next month, not able to do much (i've mentioned in some other posts I had shoulder surgery), and I figured i'd start a journal to keep me occupied! Mostly fish and other pet related, but of course random life things as well. Let's see how this goes, i'm great at starting things like this and never finishing them.

PET INTRODUCTIONS

Winston

As a puppy

And this was taken last summer on vacation

Ella
Boston Terrier/Chihuahua Mix

As a puppy

A month or so ago

Posy

Trying to figure out what to do, I literally had her dumped on me. Someone asked if I could watch her while they went on vacation...and they never came back. Poor thing. I wish I could give her the full care and love she deserves, but I wasn't exactly equipped to take her in. So if anyone local is in the market for a guinea pig, let me know!

Miss Posy herself (and mi face!)

AND THE FEEESH

Pudge
Got him in February, another rescue, he was "too much work" and kept in a .5 gallon bowl. He looks a little rough, and i'm sure he's dealt with ammonia issues in his past. I took him in and that's when the Betta obsession began ;) He lives in a 10 gallon NPT. That's not fuzz on him in this pic, just badly placed water spots and other schmutz. (deep cleaning with one arm is impossible!)

Kairi
My little girl from Petco, her cup was leaking and she had a half inch of water left when I found her. She probably would have died a sad dry death if I didn't grab her!

I'm going to dig out the regular camera tomorrow and see if I can get some awesome pics!

Last edited by Strawberry12; 05-27-2015 at 09:55 PM.
Strawberry12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:49 AM   #2 
Fenghuang

I love new journals. Cute puppies and guinea pig and fish. Hope you have a good recovery.
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:31 AM   #3 
Strawberry12

Thanks Feng! It's going well so far, I'm 9 days post-op, so it's starting to go from PAINFUL OW to just uncomfortable and annoying. Not to mention having my dominant arm in a sling for 6 weeks is not particularly fun. I've been sleeping on our reclining couch in the basement. It's ok, but I can't wait to get back into my bed!

Look how seriously intense this sling is:

Old Yesterday, 01:18 PM   #4 
Strawberry12

Grrrrr a couple keys on my laptop died. So bear with me, I have to use the onscreen keyboard.

So today I started my mini riparium in Kairi's 3 gallon.

Purple waffle has crazy roots!

aaand...in the top of the tank! Protip, a toothbrush holder fits perfectly into the filter spot of the Tetra cube. Ignore the dying java moss. (hopefully moving the light up fixed it though) *sad trombone*

Closeup:

and bonus: Winston forgot how to dog.

Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM   #5 
artemis35

First, glad you are starting to feel better.
I cannot imagine having my dominant arm in a sling for even a single day, nevermind 6 weeks

Your dogs are adorable! I laughed at the "sitting like a human" picture. Growing up, we always had dogs (and cats and birds and fish and guinea pigs - a menagerie), but I have only had cats (and, of course, bettas) as an adult on my own.

What a crappy thing to do to that poor guinea pig
Thank goodness you are able to keep it for now. It amazes me how callous people can be toward living creatures

Your bettas are very pretty, too.
Just curious, which Petco did you get Kairi from? I live in East Boston, and I go to the Cambridge Petco occasionally and the Saugus one almost weekly.
artemis35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:52 PM   #6 
Strawberry12

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis35 View Post
First, glad you are starting to feel better.
I cannot imagine having my dominant arm in a sling for even a single day, nevermind 6 weeks

Your dogs are adorable! I laughed at the "sitting like a human" picture. Growing up, we always had dogs (and cats and birds and fish and guinea pigs - a menagerie), but I have only had cats (and, of course, bettas) as an adult on my own.

What a crappy thing to do to that poor guinea pig
Thank goodness you are able to keep it for now. It amazes me how callous people can be toward living creatures

Your bettas are very pretty, too.
Just curious, which Petco did you get Kairi from? I live in East Boston, and I go to the Cambridge Petco occasionally and the Saugus one almost weekly.

Thank you :) It was such a crappy injury, torn rotator cuff, severe bursitis, and bone spurs. I injured it in dance class back before Thanksgiving, and these 7 months were filled with "well let's try this first because insurance won't pay for surgery until we try everything" I almost expected them to ask me to sacrifice a goat or something, it was so ridiculous.

I got Kairi from the one in Woburn, I live in Wakefield, not too far from you, and I used to work at a huge bakery in Saugus. My fish aren't really fancy or anything but I love them. I have an empty 10 gallon i'm thinking of dividing, though...