Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #1 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lilnaugrim's Betta Fish Journal

Hey all, so I figured why not just start a journal since someone *coughmarcoughcough* has been bugging me for one

And I just needed a place to dump the one thousand and four photos I take of my fish in a day! Haha, so this will be a log about everyone except for my babies which have their own journal set up and running but occasionally I throw in a picture here and there of everyone!

So as of today, this journal is officially working and started up! woohoooooo!

Ugg oh yeah and I'll probably complain about this horrible summer weather we're having! "Who said it was alright for Summer to come in?" it's a whooping 96 degree's today although it's cooling off now and the humidity is still up at 65%! What even is that! Tomorrow we're getting to 70%! Lol almost typed 700 there, mind as well be 700% though! It definitely feels like it!! Ug!!!!

Next post will be a dump of pictures stay tuned!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #2 
Mar

lmao thanks for that discreet mention lololol

Yayaayaya! Finally get to see all your pretty bettas! CoughcoughJarviscough.
Can't wait to see the pics!
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #3 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Okay, Picture time!!!!!

Here's the lovely Emma Frost doing things that Emma Frost likes to do....yep

I say she and her two sisters (Jewel and Lady Deathstrike) were bred very well except for the spotty Dragon Scaling.

Mystique being blurry, Jewel and Maddie in the back.

This is back when Lady and the still Unnamed AB girl were not yet in the tank but they are both in the tank now and doing well. Although the Unnamed AB girl has been fighting with Mystique for Alpha but Mystique is still holding strong.

Picture of the whole tank about a week ago before I re-scaped it

Aurora

Jewel

Oh a terrible trio!! Mystique, Phoenix and Cherry!

Finally named Lady Deathstrike after three weeks ^_^ Lady for short since she's certainly become a Lady now. She and her sisters apparently have settled their vendetta and get along just fine! I'm glad my time out session worked with her!

Jewel was interested in her sister Lady. Pineapple being a ninja.

And still the unnamed beautiful AB girl. She's doing so well now although still picking with Mystique but that's fine, no one is seriously hurt!

Here's how the tank looks now, took off some of the teenage water sprite plants and planted them at the edges, moved some of the crypts around and moved the Rotala to the back right corner. Also moved the piece of driftwood with the giant java fern on it from the back right corner to just below the filter intake in the back. You can see the leaves peaking out behind the sword and the water sprite. Lol that time when you forget you have a third Amazon Sword in the back XD

The first thing I love about this photo is the unnamed girl's tail can be seen very nicely and her spread, she's not flaring but it's darn close! And then if you look in the middle you see Little Blue and Maddie staring at you haha, I cracked up at that! Then Stardust, Lady and Jewel in the back.

Another terrible trio! With a side kick hiding in the back (Maddie) lol Lady, Unnamed and Little Blue.

Cherry and Unnamed

Shows off Cherry's color very well.

And even better!! This is what she looks like in real life

Emma and Unnamed
Old 06-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #4 
Mar

Your ab girl is gorgeous.... Wow. Beautiful fins. I love Emma too!!!
And your tank is amazing, how many gallons?
Old 06-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #5 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

And now for some Boys!

Here's Jarvis's full tank shot:

And the 10 gallon split 3 times, from left to right; Ditto, Aero and Mercury although Ditto was in QT at that time for fin rot which he's managed to get away from so he's back now recuperating his fins since I got a new boy!
I know it doesn't look like much but I finally got a piece of driftwood in there so this picture isn't up to day, but with the tannins and the piece it will soften the water making my plants grow much better after!

And it seemed the Full Super Moon effected my boys as well! They immediately began bubble nest building, even the ones who normally don't do one!
Here's Ditto's:

And Rembrandt's! Jarvis made one too but I didn't get a picture of it.

And Aero's nest! His first one! Small, but cute and there

And Aero being cute, so I think he's going to marble to a proper Green Betta! He's starting to get this green stripe down his right side which you can kind of see here but it was much more prominent today! I thought it might have been algae at first but it's a perfectly straight line so I cannot think that it'd been anything other than him changing colors. Also in his tail the middle of it is becoming a little more clear and the edges are becoming very solid like a clean butterfly! Hopefully he does marble, I think it would be really neat to track his progress!

Also his anal fin is becoming green as well and it's not laying on top of the fin, it's the literal pigmentation of his fin. He's also filling in his mask, losing the "arrows" he'd been partly named after haha.

And for this next image you're probably going to be like "WTF??" So I have to give a little back story.

Okay so Jarvis, he's my DT Rosetail boy who has beautiful colors but unfortunately he's got some bowel movement issues. So I've usually kept him in a therapeutic dosage of Epsom salt to help his bowels move but it never really seemed to help. So I aborted it and when I did my water change, it was just fresh clean water. So in the two months that I've had him, he's pooped all of twice, so you think this is really weird! Well he actually excretes a lot of his waste out through his gills so I think he's just had a problem with literally not being able to push the poop out his "bum" so I decided Sunday that I should give him more than just the 2-3 pellets of NLS that I normally give and I dared to give him 5. WELL LOOK WHAT HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! HE POOPED!!!!!!!!!!!! It's HUGE too! Oh my gosh, i can't tell you how excited I was over this!!!! So here, Have a lovely poop picture haha!

And apparently I have a soft spot for Betta's with this type of coloring; close to wild type but with more red on their fins. This boy was at Petsense, he'd been there for about 3-4 weeks so I had to take him home. In that time he lost that middle section to his anal and has really bad fin rot at the edges of his tail so he's currently in some salty water.

Funny story, I was acclimating him to the warmth (because they had the a/c on and the Betta's aren't heated of course so their cups were at a lovely 58 degree's) and of course to the salt and I went to pour more water in and he jumped out into the tank >.< so I was like "Fine, you did that to yourself, you can stay there!" and he was perfectly fine so I'm not going to worry about him too much But here he is!

And for reference here is my 33 way back in February! There was practically nothing in it! lol
Old 06-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #6 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
Your ab girl is gorgeous.... Wow. Beautiful fins. I love Emma too!!!
And your tank is amazing, how many gallons?
Thank you! The sorority is 33 gallons, it's a flat back hexagon
Old 06-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #7 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

And because my cat was being silly. MC (named Mischievous Cat) likes to drink out of the buckets when I do water changes so I guess it's just Fish flavored haha. But I found out why he did this though:

He got his entire front paws wet just to take a drink because someone (my stinky old grandfather) threw a piece of leftover BACON INTO THE CAT WATER DISH! Grrrrr, this is partly why I don't like him and I have other legitimate reasons but he's got no respect whatsoever. So he tries to feed the cats like dogs and they never eat it and he keeps throwing it in the water bowl obviously not seeing there's water in there. So I don't blame MC for drinking the fish water and getting his paws soaked. But it was too adorable not to take a picture of and I didn't have my camera so crappy cell pics will have to do.

Here's another, he's just so cute ^_^
Old 06-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #8 
Mar

Awwwwww.
Your plants are amazing! Is that water sprite at the top of your sorority?
LOL Jarvis poop pictures, they're going to be a hit.

All your males are so adorable <3

And now that I look at it, Jarvis and Athena look alike! They're both DTs and have the same colouration. So cute.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:47 PM   #9 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thanks Mar! Yeah I'm sure poop pictures will be a hit, totally going to take a picture whenever he poops just to log it in XD

That's not even all my males, not pictured fully is Mercury, Rembrandt and Ditto then the two baby boys.

And yes that's my 3 foot long Mother Water Sprite plant there!
Here it is, and those scissors are adult scissors there:
Old 06-25-2013, 04:51 PM   #10 
Mar

Holy crap that's huge. Wow. I want one like that one day lmao. How big was it when you first got it?