Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #91 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaLover1313 View Post
My bad, I thought they were yours ^^'

Not trained dogs definitely aren't fun to deal with, especially when they're someone else's. Cats are nice, especially when they're lying in your lap!
Np

Yep! I mean, they're good and all but they just don't quite get the word 'no' lol
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #92 
Viva

Dogs are quite annoying. I got my first dog when I was 16 when he was a puppy and he was the most high energy dog in the world. He was a chronic jumper and practically tore off your clothes every time you were with him. He destroyed 2 couches, 2 love seats and about a million other things. Worst dog ever. I'd rather have 200 cats than one annoying puppy.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #93 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
Dogs are quite annoying. I got my first dog when I was 16 when he was a puppy and he was the most high energy dog in the world. He was a chronic jumper and practically tore off your clothes every time you were with him. He destroyed 2 couches, 2 love seats and about a million other things. Worst dog ever. I'd rather have 200 cats than one annoying puppy.
AGREED! 'Nuff said! lol

Yeah these girls have torn their couch completely apart and they chewed the keychain that I accidentally left on the couch...whoops, I really hope that wasn't going on someone's keychain when they came back
Old 07-11-2013, 07:16 PM   #94 
Mar

Those dogs are adorable! I want to petsit but no one would ever trust me :(
Great job with the tanks! She should pay you extra!

Maybe I accidentally skipped over it, but what type of fish live in those tanks?
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:24 PM   #95 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
Those dogs are adorable! I want to petsit but no one would ever trust me :(
Great job with the tanks! She should pay you extra!

Maybe I accidentally skipped over it, but what type of fish live in those tanks?
Thanks! I really hope that she can at least have me over monthly to do maintinence, bi-weekly would be better for the fish's health but I know not everyone's a money tree.

There is one 6 inch pleco, not sure of the type but he's pretty big and it's not a common, that I know. 3 Zebra Danios (one golden long fin, one regular and one that's a mix of both. Sort of long fins and sort of golden but not either or), 2 GloFish (the color enhanced white skirt tetras who've lost their colors), and 1 common goldfish whom I've dubbed Ruku lol
Old 07-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #96 
Mar

You're right. Orrrr maybe she could take care of her fish herself! Lol there's a crazy idea. But ya, I'm sure she's a really nice lady, but I understand how much of a chore it is to keep up with tank maintenance and water changes, so the least she could do is get you to help out with a little incentive :p. <- Wow run-on sentence!

I've never seen the appeal of a goldfish lol, they kinda creep me out.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #97 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
You're right. Orrrr maybe she could take care of her fish herself! Lol there's a crazy idea. But ya, I'm sure she's a really nice lady, but I understand how much of a chore it is to keep up with tank maintenance and water changes, so the least she could do is get you to help out with a little incentive :p. <- Wow run-on sentence!

I've never seen the appeal of a goldfish lol, they kinda creep me out.
She used to! She didn't quite know what she was doing which is fine, we all start off roughly. But life kind of got in the way and she wasn't able to keep up with in. So I'll be asking if I can at least care for the tank, perhaps stock some more plants and get more fish >< after we rehome the goldfish to a proper tank or pond.

Ruku is actually adorable.

Here's Ruku and the two white skirts although he's lost more of his brown as he get's older and will fully turn golden soon. Now those white skirts freak me out lol, look at their weird spines!!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #98 
Mar

The tanks are really pretty! How big are they?
They'd be even prettier if you were allowed to care for them and stock em up!

And do you have any pics of the hex? Or did I just miss out on those? lol, I flip through so much, it's such a bad habit.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #99 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
The tanks are really pretty! How big are they?
They'd be even prettier if you were allowed to care for them and stock em up!

And do you have any pics of the hex? Or did I just miss out on those? lol, I flip through so much, it's such a bad habit.
Agreed! lol

I actually don't know, the big one I think is around 45-55 gallons but I don't have any measurements yet, if I could find a ruler I'll measure it out! but it's huge!

The Hex I'm pretty certain is a 22 hex but not sure about that either. I don't have pics but I can easily take some since I'm sitting right next to it on the couch lol, I just took some more pictures of the big one that may or may not be a little more interesting so I'll upload some more in a little bit.

I /reeeaaaalllllyyyy/ hope that she'll let me take care of it for some money of course. I'd offer a bit of a discount since I already pet-sit for her and have done so three times in the last two months which has to count for something, but still. 8 hours total to clean most, but not all of the big tank? yeah that's a lot of work! I haven't even touched the hex yet and I'm afraid to! lol

I might work on the hex tomorrow though, not sure.

I really wish I could dig up those stupid undergravel filters though, they don't even work anymore so what's the point!?
Old 07-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #100 
Mar

lol!
So wait.
Both the 22gallon and the 45-ish gallon tanks don't have working filters?
That's a nightmare!!!

Hopefully she'll let you take care of her tanks! Maybe if you clean them up really nicely, she'll notice the difference and let you help her.