Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #101 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

First here are two new pics of the bigger tank, just looks nice when you take them like this haha

And here's Ruku

Blurry but you get the point. He's too cute, he get's so excited when he see's me! But you can see where he's losing his brown color.

I actually realized that you can see the hex in the dog pictures of Polly and Roxsy when they are sitting at the edge of the couch, it's behind them so at least you can compare them for size!

Here's side 1

Side 2

Side 3

One of the Anubias in there from Side 1

Normal view:

View from behind the couch

Took a picture from Side 3 and noticed something....

It's a little pleco! I knew he was in there but didn't see him at first lol

And the only other tank mates in there are 3 regular white skirt tetras, I really wish she'd rehome them or get more because the poor things are constantly frightened because they don't have enough numbers in there! The other two enhanced ones in the 55 are fine because there are other fish too so it isn't too bad.
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #102 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
lol!
So wait.
Both the 22gallon and the 45-ish gallon tanks don't have working filters?
That's a nightmare!!!

Hopefully she'll let you take care of her tanks! Maybe if you clean them up really nicely, she'll notice the difference and let you help her.
No, no, no! They both have HOB filters too thankfully but the undergravel ones just don't work or at least don't work well anymore.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #103 
Mar

Oh ok, lmao good about the filters!

Both tanks look really good, but they could be even better with a couple more plants here and there.
Good to see the plants are super healthy though!

Ruku is kinda cute ;p
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #104 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah the plants mostly look really good, she's got Anubias Bateri and Phillippine Java fern in the big one. Then in the hex there is Anubias Bateri and Nana in there. All the plants are doing pretty well but they're also the two most (IMHO) hardiest plants in the business!

You have no idea how badly I want to get huge Jungle Val in the big tank in the left corner! Well maybe you do since I've mentioned it three times lol And then in the Hex I want to get a bunch of Giant Hairgrass to put in the back and frame around the driftwood in the center and then have it angled down to the front where there'd be DHG I've got this all planned out already XD
Old 07-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #105 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

EEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My new girl came in today!!!!!!! She's the orange DSHM girl that aemaki09 helped me out with and I've never been so grateful! Well that's a lie, I'm pretty darn grateful to Catw0man as well! lol but anyway,I'm not home now, still pet-sitting but I grabbed pictures after I acclimated her/cleaned out the 3 gallons, changed around some plants and fed everyone frozen BW's for the first time!

All I can say about Frozen BW's is...wow, that's just weird....lol

Anyway! Pictures to come when I sort everything out!
Old 07-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #106 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Okay! Picture time!

Snagged a picture of Gambit to show his progress as well he's getting there!

Cute picture of Lynx

Awkward picture if you don't see that there are five different fish here. When I first looked at it, it looked like one really long Betta and then I realized that Shadowcat was under Mystique and I was like "oooh okay" lol and then Jewel with Raven under her and Cherry further down. They were waiting for "offerings" to shower down upon them XD

And please welcome Amara! Named for the mutant in Marvel, Amara Aquilla a.k.a. Magma http://marvel.com/universe/Magma_(Amara_Aquilla) but I didn't want to call her Magma since that doesn't sound "pretty" and I like the name Amara, so Amara it is!
When she first arrived:

Acclimating

I lol'd at her reflection

Acclimated and floating in the sorority! Shadowcat wanted in on the photos lol

Everyone's curious

Really starting to color up here! I hope she turns just as orange as her original picture showed! But either way she's gorgeous!

I also rescaped Jarvis's 3 gallon, here's before:

And here's after:

And here JARVIS POOPED AGAIN!!!!! I'm sorry but I /HAD/ to share! Twice in one month! He's getting better! lol it looks better than the last one too

And the "new" scape of Rembrandt's tank. I got some new plants in and also got a new piece of driftwood.

10 gallon!

'Tis the season for brown algae fa la la la la, la la, la, la... {Mercury's side}

Can't believe it's diatoms fa la la la la, la la, la la...{Ditto is in the middle now}

Too bad I do not have an all--llll--gaaaeee scrubber! --Okay I'll stop! lol Here's Aero's side

And if you want to see my babies in the 5.5 to see how they're doing! Follow this thread here: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=167010
Old 07-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #107 
BettaLover1313

Your new girl is so beautiful! Love the re-scaped tanks!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #108 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaLover1313 View Post
Your new girl is so beautiful! Love the re-scaped tanks!
Thank you! Can't wait till everything grows in
Old 07-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #109 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the girls killed Davidson the snail poor little fella!

I'm not sure where Harley went but last time I found her in my filter so I think she likes to be in there which is fine by me as long as she's eating the slime and whatnot in there, I couldn't care less. I just hope she at least makes it. Poor Davidson, geez, can't have anything else in that tank >.>

Why is it that I seem to like species only tanks?!?! Betta Fish, Killifish, Sarlet Badis (Dario Dario or Dario Badis) gahhhh.

However! My mom is pretty gunghoe about setting up the 30 gallon at her house!!! Me thinks I want to do about 15 Rummynose Tetra (true rummynose) with a lovely Dwarf Gourami for a centerpiece fish. I had thought about other fish but I like the looks of one big school better than multiple fish and Rummynose will actually school while the DG will just kind of mosey on around which is fine by me

I had thought about maybe putting a Plakat in there with the Rummynose instead of the DG but I don't feel like dealing with dead fishies in that case :-/ so DG it is! And my mom likes the regular blue/red ones so I'd like to please her as well since it is at her house in the first room you walk into; the living room. So I want it to look nice!

It will definitely be planted as well, I was thinking Eco-Complete as a substrate although I'm confused on if you can gravel vac it like you do with gravel? I'm thinking not because it's kind of like half sand-ish and half soft gravel? If anyone can chime in on that, it'd be great.

And then I want to get two AquaClear 30's and use two sponges in each and one Carbon pack in each. But no floating plants in this tank! I'm done with floating plants! I want to be able to grow a nice carpet of Dwarf Sag at least! if not regular dwarf hairgrass which is my fave! So I was thinking lovely carpet up front with some nice Vallisneria in the back, probably Italian. And then the rest will just sort of pop up when I think of them but I love the look of "grassy" tanks ^_^
Old 07-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #110 
Mar

Lol omg, you should be one of those amazing asian aquascapers when you grow up xD
Of course it'll be quite hard to convert to Asian ahah :p

But yeah, love Jarvis' rescaped tank, and yay 2 poops in 1 month! Progress!

LOL Nooo Davidson :( RIP.

As for other fish, asides from bettas, I have no clue, so best of luck towards your Rummynose xD

If you can get a grassy tank achieved, please show!! I really want one, but seriously no room in my Spec and my Chi's lighting sucks. Maybe in a 10gallon....
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote