Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-27-2013, 01:36 PM   #1261 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Woooow I'm being so forgetful today! I was waiting for my main FedEx guy to come in, the Express guy but the Ground guy came and we chatted a bit. There's some construction going on in the loading dock this week, they've been making a mini parking lot for the janitor's so that's cool. But the guy was like "oh yeah, thank god I didn't have loads of stuff to bring in today!" since no one can get passed the tractors lol. So I was like "oh yeah, that is good. Oh yeah and it's just a cold, nothing bad," since he almost ran away yesterday when I was like waking up from a nap when he came in.

Anywho, so he left and I was like....hmmm the Express guy usually comes in before the Ground guy does....that's weird. I looked at the log and saw there was a package that came in from FedEx this morning and I was like...that wasn't the Express guy was it?? I can't remember! I think.....oooh yeah, it was! lol And then I was like...oh! I never updated my log and then I came on and was like...oh...yes I did >.< whoops! Silly me! I chalk it up to having a bad cold though lol I just thought it was funny and should share lol
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:05 PM   #1262 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

What q crazy past few days! First started with this cold that I think k is actually a sinus infection, I'm exhausted and hopped up on dayquil and nyquil lol so sorry if my posts end up weird, I'm also on my tablet right now And I don't feel like proof reading much.

So after the cold comes Friday night. I figured my older guppy fry were big enough to be out in the tank now...they are a month and a week I think...not totally sure of the exact date but around that time. So they're over quarter inch, almost half so I thought they would be fine. So I let them out and most swam out, the guppy mamas were fine with them but I didn't count on the tetras...I look down to see a fry wriggling out of one of the diamonds mouths!!!!! I feak out and try to get as many babies back into the net as I can. I only could fine five out of eleven soon turned ten with the one being eaten.

So I couldn't find the rest so I just went to bed figuring if they were gonna get eaten, they were gonna get eaten. Got up and found the rest of the turn so only the one was eaten! But then found that my stupid other live bearer breeder box, the suction cups had fallen which meant the less the. Week olds to two week old fry had gotten out! Major sad face, oh and one of the mamas had my fry last night but I'm pretty sure some of the oldest ones were eaten when they got out since they were younger. I also couldn't find lila but I didn't look forever since my dad was taking us to see the hobbit 2, my second time but this time in 3D, honestly wasn't that much different. But still good nonetheless.

So I found all the fry I could and put them back and got the three diamonds out which took me almost two full hours....never get diamonds unless you fully mean to keep them. So I knew some fry were still in other so I fished more out when I got home and this morning.

Also after the hobbit movie we went tro my dads recent ex, Katie who we're still great friends with. Well dad had told one of her daughters, katrina, that he would get her cartilage pierced for her bday. I asked if I could get mine done and he said yes! So I now have an awesome cartilage piercing, its just a ring right now but I want to put a regular diamond stud in there once it heals, nothing fancy or gaudy but just a nice stud. It didn't even hurt honestly, well the guy knew what he was doing, he's Ben in business since 82....ten years before I was born so I trusted him lol and he was amazing! Will definitely go back to him if I ever need anything you even though its just about an hour from my house in Connecticut lol.

Any who I'm exhausted so off to bed for me soon. Sorry I didn't post pics this week! Too crazy with all the holidays. Hope everyone is enjoying their breaks and holidays all around!!
Old 12-30-2013, 01:42 PM   #1263 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Okay, so I've got some stuff for sale that I want to offer to you guys first, I am selling it, not giving it away though, sorry. But it's all for cheap and most of it is stuff I haven't used before and won't use, or it hasn't been in my tanks since last January.....so they'll be fine for use.

I have:
$3 each: 3 Tetra airpumps (the kind that comes with the Tetra 3i Whisper) (one of these goes with an actual 3i below)
$5 for a Fusion Air pump (small, same size as Tetra)
Name:  IMG_0004.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  41.6 KB

$1 Unopened Green TopFin net, I believe 3 inches for net size
Name:  IMG_0001.jpg
Size:  39.5 KB

$5 TopFin rated 5.5 HOB filter with media, unopened.
Name:  IMG_0002.jpg
Size:  44.8 KB

$10 Unopened Tetra 3i includes pipe and 1 media, and air pump, no air tubing. Also includes 1 unopened package of 2 medias. (only 10 because it includes the extra media)
Name:  IMG_0007.jpg
Size:  35.7 KB

$1 Opened package of Wardley Algae Discs, not much has been used, almost still a full package.
Name:  IMG_0008.jpg
Size:  46.1 KB

$3 Tetra whisper 10i, no media but has carbon floss
Name:  IMG_0019.jpg
Size:  41.1 KB

$1 AquaClear 20 basket replacement
Name:  IMG_0014.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  40.2 KB

$4 for this decoration, it's resin and a little rough, needs some sanding if you want it in with bettas. Otherwise good to go.
Name:  IMG_0015.jpg
Size:  44.2 KBName:  IMG_0016.jpg
Size:  42.7 KB
Name:  IMG_0017.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  41.8 KB

$4 for this decoration, plastic and rough, would not be good with long finned Bettas. It's large too, around 8 inches I believe.
Name:  IMG_0020.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  46.5 KBName:  IMG_0021.jpg
Size:  43.3 KB

$4 for this heater, works great but the cord is sooooo short. It's only 90 cm's which is 2 feet I believe. So if you have a tank next to an outlet or your power strip is right behind it, it's great. Otherwise, not so much. When I bought it, I didn't realize that the cord was so short. Oh well, lesson learned.
I believe I have two of these, I'll have to look again.
Name:  IMG_0022.jpg
Size:  38.7 KBName:  IMG_0023.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  43.4 KB

.50 cents opened container of Tetra BettaMin if you're really desperate. Still more than 3/4 of the container left.
Name:  IMG_0026.JPG
Views: 75
Size:  95.9 KB

$2 for approx. 1 pound of river gravel made by Stoney River. It's what is in Aero's 5.5
Name:  IMG_0024.jpg
Size:  48.6 KBName:  IMG_0025.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  46.8 KB

.75 cents Unopened TopFin Freeze-Dried Bloodworms.
Name:  IMG_0046.jpg
Size:  33.6 KB

$8 for this piece of driftwood, makes great tree's and that was the reason I bought it but it was a little too large for my tanks other than the 33 of course, fit in the 10 fine as well but didn't want it there. It's approx. a foot tall. This would have to be shipped in a different box so it isn't damaged. Shipping should only be a few dollars though.
Name:  IMG_0043.jpg
Size:  42.7 KB
Name:  IMG_0044.jpg
Size:  39.9 KBName:  IMG_0045.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  30.9 KB

Shipping can obviously be combined if you want a lot of the stuff. Price will be determined at that time, shipping will be through USPS unless you want something different. All items can be combined except the driftwood. This is a first come first serve. I believe I can also ship to Canada as well if someone needs it.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #1264 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

90cm=3 feet. I have two of that same heater, I opened it and was pretty surprised. The price was right though and I have my power bar right beside the jar one of them is in and I still need to figure out where the other one's going.

How quiet are the air pumps?

Last edited by MattsBettas; 12-30-2013 at 02:31 PM.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #1265 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

lover bar? and yeah, I didn't realize they were so short, otherwise they would have been great and they are great. I am using one in Selkie's little 1.5 tank and that's been great so far, I just don't do well with short cords with the way my room is set up and where the plugs are is all.

As for the pumps, the Tetra ones aren't really that quiet, they are quieter than some pumps I've heard but not that quiet. The Fusion one is fairly quiet, I'll have to test it again to hear though since it's been almost a year since I've used it lol. But if I remember correctly, that one was quieter than the Tetra ones and didn't vibrate like they did because it had better grippy feet.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:32 PM   #1266 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Power bar! And ok, thanks. Let me know if you think it would be fine in a bedroom and I might be interested.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:33 PM   #1267 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh lol, that's quite the typo XD I was staring at it trying to figure out if it was really something or if it was a typo lmao. Either way, gave me a laugh there. And sure, I'll test it to see how it is. All my tanks are in my bedroom so I don't normally like sounds, hate hearing filters and stuff so most of my stuff is pretty quiet.

And I still can't think/type normally so I apologize. This cold thing is seriously kicking my butt!
Old 12-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #1268 
Lucillia

I may grab that aqua clear basket. Knowing my luck I'll break one of mine the next time I try to stuff it back into the filters. Oh and maybe blood worms. Since Nicky decided to put mine into the ten gallon and give them a good soak.
Lucillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:12 PM   #1269 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh lol Luci, oh that's right, forgot you had the twenty! We'll have to make another play date

Oh and for everyone else I forgot to mention that things won't be shipped till after the holidays of course. With my work schedule for this week I won't be able to get to the post office until Saturday, and then I should be fine for whenever after this week and my boss comes back...yay/sarcasm. I've been enjoying my alone time lol
Old 01-01-2014, 09:15 PM   #1270 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Exhausted and still sick...yaya....just took some Nyquil so I'll be knocked out soon.

Fish are all well, released the older fry properly this time. Diamond's are gone so it's just guppies, oto's and a rainbow goby in there now. The older fry are a month and two weeks old now so they're getting just over half an inch and are growing rapidly! My older, older fry of which I bought are two and a half months I think, or just hitting three months of age are now looking like half grown adults, the three girls are over an inch as well as the three boy's but they're bigger for some reason.

Oh and Lila the purple fry is gone :-/ I should have taken her out of the tank but I had no good place to put her where she wouldn't get eaten by a Betta or other guppies soooo....oh well....

So my 5.5 is being weird, tested again today and had:
ammonia: .50ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 10ppm

I did a water change for the ammonia and tested again an hour and a half later after I had dinner.
Ammonia: less than .25ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 40ppm

whaaaattt? How did it go from 10ppm UP to 40?? I checked my tap and it's got around 10ppm of Nitrate....I'm so very confused still though since it shouldn't have gone up like that still. Checked my 33 and it registered at around 40ppm so I know I need to do a water change on that soon, like a real one not just topping off every few days lol. But seriously, this 5.5.....I don't know what I'm going to do with it! I just threw in some Tetra SafeStart and have been using fish food as it's ammonia source. I did throw Charlie in there for a few moments with the idea I was going to cycle with him and the TSS but he was breathing too hard, he was active and otherwise acted fine but I didn't want to lose him so I just put him back in the 1 floating in the 33.

I have pictures but as I said I'm exhausted still so I'm going to bed now.

Ooooh forgot to mention I also have some crushed coral for sale as well if anyone wants it, it's a 20 pound bag but I can split it up of course if you only want some. I was using it as a water buffer since my tanks with driftwood were getting too soft for snails and such, I'm also using calcium. But anywho, if anyone wants that, they're welcome to it, not sure what I'll sell it for though.

I also have two Marineland Single Brite LED lights, one is 24-36 inches and the other is 36-40something inches, basically I used the smaller one for my 10 and the larger for my 33. Asking 20 for the small one and 40 for the larger one, both come with their cords, just have to find the one for the small one; it's around somewhere. I also have a smaller LED light set that came with my Tetra Cube 3 gallon, 10 dollars if you want it, comes with the cord. No good for plants but it still works fine.