Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #171 
Haleigh

Lil, I'm so sorry to hear that! If you ever need anything, let me know! Don't ever feel badly about ranting either; we're here to support you!
Haleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #172 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyCanvas View Post
That's a lot of tanks! Wow! I'm having a hard enough time just figuring out where I'm going to put the two that I have when I move in a few weeks.

Maybe try being super sweet and sucking up and mentioning how beautiful the tank would look on the island?

Gosh. What happens if you can't find any room?
Yeah....I might be too addicted but I never thought we'd really be moving! And of course not be able to take all my tanks!!

If in the event that I can't find room for everyone, I am willing to put up adoption to people that I know here and know they will take care of my boys, the ones that I would be rehoming would be Mercury, Aero, Jarvis and Gambit since I'm not as attached as I am my babies, Ditto, and Rembrandt. But they would definnitely have to go to people I knew on here and trust because I still love them no matter what!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haleigh View Post
Lil, I'm so sorry to hear that! If you ever need anything, let me know! Don't ever feel badly about ranting either; we're here to support you!
Thank you Haleigh I don't mind the ranting so much as I know I write novels every time I do and even for me, it's a lot to read lol. But thank you very much
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #173 
Viva

Dang that sucks :( I hope your grandfather comes around. He sounds like my dad who just LOVES to complain about the littlest things...like how long we shower for and how long we open the fridge and look into it, and how long the bathroom lights are on -_- I realize these things cost money but like...is it worth all the added stress and tension to complain about? Probably not. Anyways, hope your situation gets better for you so you're not all stressed out :(
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #174 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh ouch that sucks about your dad viva

But no, my grandfather has ALWAYS been like this. If it were up to him he would have never gotten married and had kids, he's a legitimate introvert. He only got married because his one and only best friend got married so it was "the thing to do" and then his friend had kids so he had kids and then grammy died about 8-9 years ago from a severe case of Alzheimer's. She was 64 when she died and it set on for four years so started when she was 60 and it just completely deteriorated her until she was 64 and then she was gone.

It was a sad event but I was never really that close to them to begin with because I always hated coming here to visit because it was disgusting and never really clean so it just felt....blech. Still does even with us cleaning nearly every day because SOMEONE makes a freaking mess everywhere!

Anyway, I'm about to go through my pictures and sort through to upload! be back soon!!
Old 07-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #175 
Viva

Yeah my dad's been like that always too. He used to tell me that "He never should have had kids because they're too much work." Now I never want to have kids of my own, lol. It's like he gets way too stressed out over little things >_< Anyways, UPLOAD SOME MORE PICS FOR US! Hehe =p
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #176 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Getting there! Had to update the baby log first!! lol but that's done now, check out what's up with Tony and Steve here!: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....167010&page=11
Old 07-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #177 
TheOnlyCanvas

Viva, I feel ya. I don't know that I want kids either because of my parents and the way my sisters are (both severely bipolar).
Ugh. Family.
I can't wait to see pictures! That's always the best part
TheOnlyCanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #178 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

So let's start with the Endler's! I've got two males although Orange Spot is not pictured but he's not doing well with the pH changes I tried to find him just now and I can't so we'll see what happens. So I did something I never thought I'd do but I broke up Steve and Tony! Steve is now in the middle slot of the 10 gallon and then I took the divider out of the 5.5 and Tony's got it all and is getting along really well with the Endlers in there after I acclimated them for 2 hours since my 10 gallon was at 5.5 and the 5.5 is at 6.5-ish.

So here's the one that's doing the best! Blue Spot! I'm not formally naming them, just identifying by blue spot, orange spot or baby lol

Blue Spot!

Baby Spot was trying to hide on me lol, she's so cute

Camera was having a really hard time focusing on her since she's so small! She can't be more than .3 inches! It's like a baby Betta all over again!

I don't see anything that would really look like ovaries to me but her anal fin is really rounded so I assume then it would be a girl.

Random pictures of the girls:

Stardust

Pineapple

Jewel and Lynx

Lynx and a blurred Shadowcat

Jewel and Phoenix

Lady and Amara

Another picture of Rembrandt for you Mar

Gambit!

Classic Betta picture lol

Ooooh Jarvis pooped again today!!! Exciting!
I think he's responding well to the treatment for his Fin Rot too, hard to tell of course but looks less black to me at least. I'll have to do a comparison:

Before, approx. a few weeks ago

Today:

I'm starting to think that he has natural black butterfly pattern but then he had the fin rot on top of it. I'll have to take a super close look to his caudal to see if there's still a super dark edging to it or not.

Cute picture

Ditto! He's such a cutie with his left fin a little gimpy. Hard to tell from that picture but he had fin damage that never quite healed properly.

I love his irid!

It's like those hair glitter strands that were big last year, the hair feathers, except for Betta's haha

So Ditto did something that I haven't seen him do in a while! He flared at my finger! He must be content because he hasn't done this in a LONG time! So proud of my little boy!

So Aero decided to be photogenic today!

So I've decided he's a Black Dragon but with turquoise scaling

Skunk stripe is still filling in slowly.

He's got a faint butterfly pattern but it's not defined enough to be considered so.

So Steve went into the big boy tank today! So here's Aero for comparison with him!

Aero being a butt and flaring lol

Aero also went between the two mesh sheets there and scared the crap out of me because he came from the back so I thought he got through the divider to hurt Steve! Scared me so bad!

He's actually got extremely good form! Caudal hits 180 degree spread, 2 ray Trad PK, Dorsal almost meet's Caudal, Anal has a minor slant which isn't too bad, Ventral's aren't split. The only faults I find in him is that he has web reduction so somewhere up his genetic pike there was most likely a CT or someone carrying the CT gene to make the web reduced. Also he's a tad bit spoon-headed but not terribly!

And if you want to check out how Tony and Steve are doing go here: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....167010&page=11 they've certainly had a busy day!
Old 07-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #179 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Video of Aero and Steve!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2OFSFLQkSo
Old 07-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #180 
TheOnlyCanvas

I didn't realize you had a girl named Phoenix! How funny!

They're all so lovely. I love Aero's scaling, and Ditto's colors are just gorgeous. Ahhh you have such a good group
TheOnlyCanvas is offline   Reply With Quote