Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #11 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

It was about a foot and a half when I bought it from my LFS for 7.99 lol so yeah, I'm very pleased with that purchase!!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:17 AM   #12 
Rosencrantz32

My cat drinks from the water change buckets too! And I know he has access to two clean water bowls upstairs... maybe they do like the fishy water taste? lol
Rosencrantz32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:19 AM   #13 
Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosencrantz32 View Post
My cat drinks from the water change buckets too! And I know he has access to two clean water bowls upstairs... maybe they do like the fishy water taste? lol
My cat tries to get into the tanks! When I take the lid off to feed them/water change, she'll jump up, push me aside, and try to get a couple licks. They like the smell/taste of fish water I guess
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #14 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Lol I guess so! That's too funny! Yeah I don't blame MC for wanting to drink the fish water when my grandfather threw that bacon into the water and it rotted, ugg it smelled horrible! He just see's "Oh bowl" bowl must mean throw old food into it! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

On another note! Jarvis has fin rot >.> I was comparing picture of him from when I first got him and now...sigh, yep my fears were true. So after the new boy get's his treatment done, Jarvis will be the next one to go in although I'm worried about his constipation issues and if they are still present, the AQ salt won't help him at all :/ Can't do it in his tank because it's planted. Here's a comparison:

Before:

After:

Yay, FIN ROT ERWHRERE! lol Ditto just got over it, new boy has it and Jarvis has had it all along, I should have treated it when I got him, I should know better at this point! In any case, I wonder what length his tail is normally!
Old 06-26-2013, 07:54 PM   #15 
Mar

Nooo Jarvis!!
What're you gonna use/do to heal the finrot?

Also, no offence, but your grandfather should know better!
Old 06-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #16 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

My grandfather is a dimwit and I have no respect left for him whatsoever. He's a nasty, dirty old man that I want to throw out on the streets. Yes, we're living rent free with him (we do buy all the food though and he eats insanely) but he should have respect for others living in the house and not be half naked in the darn living room doin a nasty with himself with a dude on skype chat! Sorry for the visual but that's what I come home to half the time and I'm damn stick of it and I know this isn't the place to be saying this stuff because it is crud and this is a family site but I HAD to say something, it just kind of bubbles all up at some points >< >< >< ><

Anyway, he's half blind (well he is 75), can barely walk, sits on the computer all day long or in his chair, he was just complaining that we had the a/c on with the front door open.....well if you just close the darn door there wouldn't be a problem! Oh sorry, I forgot that you have nearly no veins left in your body to keep you warm but we're freaking pouring and dripping sweat over here! My fish tanks were all at 86 today! I dread to think of what they will get to when we reach into the 100's with 100% humidity. We're hitting 94% humidity right now. Ug, why do I live here?!

Anyway....I'll be using 2 tsp of AQ salt per gallon for Jarvis since it is a more advanced stage of fin rot at this point, I'll start off with 1 tsp/gal for the first 3 days, then up it to 1.5 and then 2, then keep it like that for a week then lower it again to 0 to make a full 14 day run with it. He should be fine at that point, if he needs more I'll give him 4 days rest and start again, shouldn't be too bad with 100% water changes a day. And then continue using Stress Coat to heal the fins out as well.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #17 
Mar

Sounds like a good plan for Jarvis.

And I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes you gotta just live with that certain relative until you can go off on your own. Don't worry it's only temporary!
Old 06-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #18 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

We've been here since '07 :/ my dad's been looking for houses but he's not financially set at all. I ask maybe once every other month if that if we can go out to dinner or if he can loan me 20 bucks for gas and he's always like "I don't have any money, I'm broke," and I'm just like...it's Friday, you were just paid, how do you not have money!?!!? He's terrible at saving it yet so am I, great I've those side of the family's genes >< ugggg anyway, I don't foresee us moving anytime soon :/

And yeah I hope Jarvis responds well to the salt
Old 06-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #19 
Mar

I am terrible at saving money LOL. So is my dad. But he has quite a good job so I guess he can afford to spend it on every single little things (trailers, saunas, stupid things we never use)
Kinda does make me mad, since the money could be going towards better things, but who am I to say how he spends the money he works for? :/

Hopefully things will improve soon! Living in that place for 6 years must've been really crappy!
And if you lived here I'd definitely take you out to dinner !
Old 06-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #20 
logisticsguy

Oh my lilnaugrim! You poor girl having to live like that. yikes.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote