Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #201 
LebronTheBetta

I know this is hard. :(

I think you should go with Aero, you said you raised him from fryhood?
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #202 
BettaLover1313

I know it's hard to give up any of your boys, and all the harder to pick between them. I'm sure you'll make the right decision though.
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #203 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
I know this is hard. :(

I think you should go with Aero, you said you raised him from fryhood?
No, the ones raised from Fryhood are Tony and Steve, those two are definitely staying. Aero was just a young Dragon I found, well Ditto was young when I found him too though.

We still have time, there haven't been any other talks from my gramps yet so we're still holding out for now but I just wanted to have a plan for if and when the time does come, I'll be ready.

Just thinking about it kind of makes me dizzy....I'll have to completely take down the 33 to move it......all those plants and my fish and my cycle hopefully I can keep the cycle going by keeping my filter wet as well as any other ornaments/plants/driftwood I have in there so I don't have to start all over again. Because with 20 girls in there (which I project I will have by the time we move. I'll be going to get some girls from Catw0man so that's 5-6 more, can't remember the number) and a snail and 3 cory cat's although they may not survive till then, not sure yet.

I had plans set for hurricanes and blizzards and natural disasters but not for moving lol seems so silly.
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #204 
Viva

Sucks that your grandpa likes to rummage around through your stuff and then basically hide it on you >_< Your fish are all so cuuuuute. I swear my betta Cinder got really depressed once I took out his 4 corydora tank mates. Then I had to go pick up some more to put in there for him and he's back to his old self again! The plants also are doing a little better...before they all died once I took the corydoras out and cleaned the gravel thoroughly. NEVER doing that again in my planted tanks! It's awesome that you got your friend to join the "dark side" of fish keeping, lol! One of my friends just makes fun of me and my fish, it's kinda sad.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #205 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah I think I remember you talking about that person Viva, it really is sad thankfully none of my friends make fun of me, but that does suck!

Yeah, Tony and Steve's split are temporary, once we move they will be going into the same tank together again split of course!! But I definitely have to keep those two together at least and then it's Rembrandt and....well maybe it's just Remmy. Maybe I should rehome Aero, Ditto and Gambit as well. I mean, my mom and I will be setting up a larger fish tank (large as in 30 gallons) so I'll have that to take care of as well....

If I find someone who I know would give them a good home, I think I'd rehome both of them, as much as it pains me but I'm in for a crazy next few semesters of college and I don't think I should keep so many that's not in one tank. The sorority is one thing but even having split tanks are a bit much. This way I can just keep the 3 gallon Remmy is in and then the 5.5 under the 33. That makes sense I think.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #206 
Viva

Sounds like a good plan to me! Yeah too many tanks is a lot of work. 3 or 4 is probably the max I can handle for water changes and such.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #207 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah 3-4 is a good number.

Half of the other problem is that I'm helping out that other lady I helped out before, the one I was pet sitting for. She's paying me though which is nice and then I'm helping out the three tanks we have at college since I work in the Center for Biotech Life Sciences or CBLS. And then planning trip to Canada to get some girls! woot woot and then planning the tank at my mom's house.

Which I'm still undecided about, she wants flashy fish so I'm at either an Angelfish (preferably a red marbled koi) or a Dwarf Gourami for a centerpiece fish. I've had the Gourami before but Angel's are new. I've been researching plenty so that's fine and dandy but still uncertain of which I should do. Tank is assumingly a 30 gallon, haven't properly measured it yet so if it turns out to be smaller than 30, I'm not doing the Angel at all.

Anyway, they were right when they said you can get burnt out easily in this hobby! I'll never quit though ^_^
Old 07-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #208 
Viva

Hehe wow, thats a lot of tanks! Imagine working at a huge Aquarium place though O_O Like huge tanks with 3000 gallons of water in them, lol. That'd be so cool! But soooo much work!
Old 07-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #209 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
Hehe wow, thats a lot of tanks! Imagine working at a huge Aquarium place though O_O Like huge tanks with 3000 gallons of water in them, lol. That'd be so cool! But soooo much work!
Yeah but I'd probably have an auto change to do most of the work! It's not the taking out the water that kills me, it's the time and the effort it takes to lift a 3 gallon bucket full of water and refill the tanks, that's the hardest part! But if I had an auto changer, my life would be complete haha The thing is that I've got too small of tanks so the auto-changer wouldn't really benefit me at all. I could invest in a water pump but the only ones I've seen go rather slow and I run on time schedules most of the time so therefore, lifting buckets; although sucky, is the easiest and quickest way to changing water.

Of course it'd help if my tanks weren't all at weird heights like on the floor nearly or above my shoulders.....yeah the 10 and Ditto's 3 are killers right now! lol

But the good thing about the tank at school is it's at a very comfortable level

The huge one I did for the lady I pet-sit, I had to stand on a chair to reach the bottom haha
Old 07-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #210 
Viva

Wow that's crazy. You'd have to like lift the bucket or use a cup to slowly put it in. I have a 4 gallon bucket but I can fit just about 5 gallons in it. Once I slipped and fell on the wooden floor while carrying it while it was FULL...it wasn't fun.